|Urdi/Khandi (Dagudashaag 2216)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||K0 V M4 V M6 V|
Urdi is a non-agricultural and nonindustrial world.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- It has few prospects for economic development. Life here is drastically bleak.
- This world has a research station engaged in the scientific pursuit of knowledge.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Khandi Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector in the Domain of Vland.
- This world contains an Imperial Scout Base, capable of handling IISS starships and personnel.
No information yet available.
Trinary Solar System
Urdi Trinary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Urdi Primary Primary Orange K0 V Urdi Companion Secondary Red M4 V Urdi Far Companion Tertiary Red M6 V
History & Background (Dossier)
- Urdi is a member of the Imperium. The system contains a Scout Base.
- Urdi is the location of an IISS seismological research establishment.
The majority of the population are descended from bonded laborers brought from Khandi (Dagudashaag 2119) to build the Scout facility. The contracting companies considered it not worth shipping the workforce home when the construction was finished. They live in the caverns below the research base, sited on one of the few seismically stable locations on the planet.
The world was governed for many years by an oligarchy comprised of the descendents of the original site foremen. Their rule was often harsh and there were frequent disputes with the Scout administrators over sophont rights issues.
Astervada and the other heroes of the revolution are now going old and the new generation of leadership has been tainted with corruption scandals. Meanwhile, the population is goring disenchanted with the inability of their current leadership to deliver on promised improvements to the quality of life.
|This article has a secret.|