Ur (Da 1532) (world)
|Primary||M0 V M1 V|
|Army size (BEs)||0|
|World Trade Number||4|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||3,425|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||0|
|Port passengers (annual)||8,000|
Ur is a vacuum world, with a complete lack of atmosphere. The system has a population between 10,000 and 10 million, lacking the industrial base to be completely self-supporting. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Argi Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector and in the Domain of Vland. Ur, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a member of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
Astrography and planetology
A cold, vacuum world which is subject to extreme daytime temperatures in excess of 220°C and nighttime temperatures of -250°C.
Binary Solar System
Ur Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Ur Primary Primary Red M1 V Ur Companion Secondary Red M0 V
History and background
The world was colonized by vacuum miners who discovered Onnesium-118 on the planet. The lucky few who discovered sufficiently large deposits became billionaires and built grav-palaces, the rest reside within deep underground cities dreaming of finding the 'mother lode'. A social rank based on success determines privileges and responsibilities. Only successful miners can stand for governmental positions.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
Ur has a good quality starport.
- A Class-B Starport Facility has not very well developed shipyards and is only capable of producing spaceships.
- This facility has many very skilled personnel who can perform not only major repair work, but overhaul work as well.
- This facility has advanced refueling and refining infrastructure. One may purchase practically any kind of refined fuel here.
- Almost every starport of this class possesses both a Lowport and a Highport. Such ports rarely have more than one of each kind of port.