|Uffan/Stanter (Halcyon 2209)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||F4 V M2 VI|
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- This is a rich world with a prosperous and thriving world economy.
- Its economy and population are rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to quickly rise barring outside forces.
- This is a temperate world, with a climate of pleasant, average temperatures, considered to be an ideal or near-ideal environment by many different sophont species.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the Stanter Subsector of Halcyon Sector.
- This world-system hosts a Military Base, usually associated with military ground forces, which may be located on or off-world.
- 1 Description (Astrography & Planetology)
- 2 History & Background / Dossier
- 3 References & Contributors (Sources)
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Binary Solar System
Uffan Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Uffan Primary Primary Yellow-White F4 V None Uffan Companion Secondary Red M2 VI 890 AU from primary
The primary is Vush, an ordinary white main sequence star. It has a luminosity of 4.42 Sols, a mass of 1.38 Sols and a diameter of 2.032 million km. The inner system consists of (I) a vacuum worldlet, (II) a very thin atmosphere inner world, (III) a corrosive atmosphere inferno world, and (IV) an exotic atmosphere bigworld. (V) Uffan orbits within the habitable zone and is designated the mainworld. (VI) a large gas giant, (VII) a ringed large gas giant, (VIII) an exotic atmosphere bigworld, and (IX) a dense icy planetoid belt form the outer system. Many of the worlds retain satellites.
The companion is Landax, an ordinary red subdwarf star lying approximately 890 AU from Vush. It has a luminosity of 0.0074 Sols, a mass of 0.134 Sols and a diameter of 399,000 km. (I) a vacuum iceworld and (II) a ringed small gas giant form the outer system. The gas giant retains a single large satellite.
(V) Uffan is designated the mainworld. It orbits Vush at a mean distance of 1.6 AU (241 million km), it has an orbital period of 629 days 6 hours and a rotation period of 37.3 hours. The axial tilt is 2 degrees. Uffan has a diameter of 13,052 km, a density of 5.47 g/cm³, and a surface gravity of 1.01 G. The world is geologically active. It has an atmosphere rated as Standard, with a mean surface pressure of 0.99 bar and a composition of 79% nitrogen (N2), 20% oxygen (O2), and 1% argon (Ar), water vapor (H2O), carbon dioxide (CO2), neon (Ne) and other trace gases. Approximately 64% of the surface is covered in oceans of liquid water: average tidal ranges are around 0.1m. Mean surface temperature: 21°C. The atmosphere is dynamic and weather systems, driven by the star and the oceans, roll across the globe. The climate is static.
- (Va) Strak (UWP YS00000-0, orbiting at 45 Diameters/585,000 km)
- (Vb) Nenavid (UWP Y100000-0, orbiting at 50 Diameters/655,000 km)
Mainworld Geography & Topography
Total surface area: 535 million km², Land surface area: 193 million km², Water surface area: 342 million km². Dalee and Phorge, two small continents, lie in the northern and southern tropics respectively, and the oceans are studded with subcontinental landmasses, large islands and chains of archipelagos. Much of the surface land area is concentrated within the equator and the temperate zones.
Uffan, the mainworld, has extensive, abundant native life, with complex organisms inhabiting every ecological niche. Their metabolic functions drive the process of atmospheric renewal. Native fauna comes in many shapes and sizes but the single most common body pattern is bilateral HS-BT-LN-LN-T, with a skeleton interior, blood fluids, and skin exteriors. Native lifeforms have a generally similar chemistry to humans and can be consumed, though their flavor and texture is an acquired taste.
- Uffan is the world where Horvath's Ponies were first bred.
History & Background / Dossier
Uffan is one of the original Seven Colonies and has been populated for far more than three millennia.
Uffan has a good quality starport.
- A Class B Starport Facility has not very well developed shipyards and is only capable of producing spaceships.
- This facility has many very skilled personnel who can perform not only major repair work, but overhaul work as well.
- This facility has advanced refueling and refining infrastructure. One may purchase practically any kind of refined fuel here.
- Almost every starport of this class possesses both a Lowport and a Highport. Such ports rarely have more than one of each kind of port.
World Technology Level
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Fiber optics and satellite communication and data networks.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Early fusion power.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
- Land: Ultra high-speed trains and early grav vehicles.
- Water: High efficiency sailcraft, multihulled seacraft, improved artificial gears.
- Air: Tiltrotorcraft, exotic VTOL's, PARWIG, and rocket-assisted suborbitals.
- Space: SSTO spacecraft, early military spacecraft (System Craft), and interstellar STL starships
- FTL: Prototype Jump Drive-1.
- It is a government by elected representatives.
- The typical power source of this government is a Republic.
- The typical power structure of this government is a Unitary State .
Uffan has military units referred to collectively as the Uffan Strategic Space Forces.
- Resources: B (Abundant)
- Labor: 6 (Millions)
- Infrastructure: A (Extensive)
- Efficiency: +3 (Improved)
Uffan is largely agricultural, though there is extensive small-scale local industry primarily geared to supporting agriculture.
Uffan produces large amounts of livestock and processed animal products.
- Humaniti (Human races)
- Native Non-Human Races:
Almost the entire population are concentrated on the continent of Dalee. The chief cities are:
- Carvo (population 11.2 million), the capital and the site of the surface starport.
- Celestras (population 6.5 million)
- Paradim (population 4.5 million)
The cities are surrounded by smaller satellite towns. An efficient and well-maintained transportation network connects all of the major communities.
The continent of Phorge is divided into enormous family ranches that raise livestock. The rest of the land surface of the world is primary wilderness.
- Homogeneity: 8 (Discordant)
- Acceptance: A (Very friendly)
- Strangeness: 6 (Very distinct, a proud heritage with ancient traditions)
- Symbols: B (Abstract, often denoting strong group affiliations)
Uffan is one of the original Seven Colonies.
- 2257AD. The first human outpost is established on Uffan.
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|