Published, canon design.
|Type: UMP Pinnace|
|Also see||Utility Craft - Smallcraft|
|Architect||Published, canon design with Keith illustration.|
|Canon||Yes. Published, canon starship design with a Keith illustration.|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard generation.|
- It is a civilian ship and a noncombatant smallcraft.
- It is also known as the Type UMP class Pinnace. It typically comes in a 40 ton smallcraft variation, but other variations are possible including larger bigcraft.
- Some call it a skimmer. And fuel collecting varieties of it are known as Fuel Skimmers.
- 1 Description (Specifications)
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 References & Contributors (Sources)
Small craft or boat of interplanetary (though not interstellar) capability. Approximate displacement: 40 tons. The Pinnace is a larger version of the ship's boat, capable of 5 Gs acceleration, carrying up to 8 passengers and displacing 40 tons. It has a fuel tank capacity of 12 tons and an equal cargo capacity. Pinnaces are usually armed with one beam or pulse laser in a non-turret mount. In some cases, a missile launch rack is installed instead.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) when necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||0-99 tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/TBD fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||None|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fueling Equipment:|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
Most Common Standardized Smallcraft Types
- Cutter (50-ton)
- Fighter (10-ton)
- Launch (20-ton)
- Pinnace (40-ton)
- Ship's Boat (30-ton)
- Shuttle (95-ton)
- Slow Boat (30-ton)
- Slow Pinnace (40-ton)
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type UMP class Pinnace
|This article has Metadata|
- Marc Miller. Starships (Game Designers Workshop, 1977), 18.
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 79.
- John Harshman, Marc Miller, Loren Wiseman. Library Data (N-Z) (Game Designers Workshop, 1982), TBD.
- Rob Caswell, William W. Connors, Joe Fugate, Gary L. Thomas. Starship Operator's Manual (Digest Group Publications, 1988), 58.
- Don Perrin. Starships (Imperium Games, 1996), 14-15.
- SGS: Imperial Small Craft
- SGS: Imperial Small Craft Vol. 2
- Gareth Hanrahan. Mongoose Traveller Main Rulebook (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), 133.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science