Troy (Da 1940) (world)
|Primary||K5 V M2 V|
|Government||Company or Corporation|
|Law Level||No law|
|Army size (BEs)||0|
|World Trade Number||2.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||0|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||0|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Troy is a low-population oceanic water world with a population of less than 10,000 sophonts.
- It is covered with very deep oceans with less than 1% of its land above sea level.
- The inhabitants of this world live on the roughly 1% of exposed land mass, in underwater colonies, on city ships, or similar arrangements. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Sapphyre Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector and in the Domain of Vland. Troy, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a member of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- During the Long Night this world was named Gia.
Astrography and planetology
Troy is a large water world located in the only stable orbit between the system's two stars. Because the world lies within 100 diameters of the primary star, ships are forced to emerge from jump at a distance of 0.53AU, beyond the orbit of the companion star.
Troy is a geologically active world with an atmosphere tainted by volcanic gases. It is rich in minerals, and petrochemical extraction rigs owned by the Assica corporation dot the oceans.
Binary Solar System
Troy Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Troy Primary Primary Orange K5 V Troy Companion Secondary Red M2 V
History and background
The Imperial Navy maintains a small training base on one of the moons of the innermost gas giant.
The orbital port facilities were built to handle bulk petrochemicals tankers and not civilian craft. Berthing fees for private vessels are expensive.
The company administration offices and a small downport are located on a large equatorial island. The associated star town has gained a reputation for lawlessness and violence. Travellers are advised to exercise caution while on the world.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
Troy (Da 1940) has a good quality starport.
- A Class-B Starport Facility has not very well developed shipyards and is only capable of producing spaceships.
- This facility has many very skilled personnel who can perform not only major repair work, but overhaul work as well.
- This facility has advanced refueling and refining infrastructure. One may purchase practically any kind of refined fuel here.
- Almost every starport of this class possesses both a Lowport and a Highport. Such ports rarely have more than one of each kind of port.