Trojan Reach Sector
|Trojan Reach Sector|
|No. of Worlds||327|
|Majority Control||Third Imperium - 45%|
|Secondary Control||Aslan Hierate - 34%|
|Tertiary Control||Pocket empires - 13%|
|Quaternary Control||Florian League - 8%|
|Domain||Domain of Deneb |
|Gross Sector Product||BCr3,635,573|
|Imperial Coordinate||-4 / 0|
|This sector has a trade map|
|This sector has economic data|
|This sector has sector data|
|This sector has a climate file|
|This sector has sector data|
The Trojan Reach is a border sector, with small independent nations comprised of a few worlds who have banded together to form partners in defense, trade and commerce.
- In this sector, one can travel from the Imperium through these small, independent states to the Aslan Hierate.
- 1 Meta-History & Background
- 2 Description (Specifications)
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 Politics & Diplomacy (Interstellar Relations)
- 5 Trade Routes (Economic Astrography)
- 6 Worlds, Systems & Sectors (Political Astrography)
- 7 References & Contributors / Sources
Meta-History & Background
Trojan Reach or the Trojan Reaches is one of the earliest Classic Traveller settings and have been covered a number of different times over the years.
- In 1980, Classic Traveller Leviathan was published.
- In 1984, Classic Traveller Atlas of the Imperium was published.
- In 1986, the periodical Third Imperium Issue #1 Issue #1 was published.
- Third Imperium (fanzine) ran eleven issues from 1986 through 1988.
- In 1989, the periodical The Travellers' Digest No. 20 was published.
- In 1990, MegaTraveller Alien - Vilani & Vargr was published.
- In 1991, MegaTraveller Alien - Solomani & Aslan was published.
- In 1992, MegaTraveller Journal 3 was published.
- In 2009, Mongoose Traveller: Aslan was published.
- In 2011, the first two modules The Pirates of Drinax was published by Mongoose Publishing. The last module was published in 2016.
- In 2016, Pirates of Drinax: The Torpol Cluster, Pirates of Drinax: Theev, and High Guard: Aslan were all published by Mongoose Publishing.
- All of the systems and worlds of this sector were programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki in 2015. They are currently being detailed.
- It has been T5 Second Survey reviewed and updated to T5 standards.
The Trojan Reaches are a vibrant area of cross-cultural exchange, linguistic interplay, and interstellar trade.
This sector has been known by different names to different groups over its existence including the following:
|Third Imperium||Trojan Reach||Third Imperium|
|Droyne||Unknown||Droyne Oytrip Yatroy|
|K'kree||Unknown||Two Thousand Worlds|
|Solomani||Trojan Reach||Solomani Confederation|
|Vargr||Trojan Reach||Vargr Extents|
|Vilani||Trojan Reach||Third Imperium|
- The Trojan Reach is known as Idrflanta Sector in Zhodani.
- It is known as Hlaoirloahaurl Sector in Trokh, the Aslan language.
Linguistic Topography: 1116
The following languages are among the most commonly used within this astrographic region:
History & Background (Dossier)
Many of the region's societies and civilizations are young ones, just a millenia or two, but on a different level, some very ancient and enduring civilizations can also be found here. The interplay between the two provides this astrographic region with a great sense of life.
The following races (sophont species) are believed to have originated within this area:
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within this area:
- Humaniti (Human races)
General Overview: No information yet available.
History-Era: Mileu 1100
No information yet available.
Major Historical Events Timeline: 1116
These are some of the more important historical events that have affected this sector:
- No information yet available.
Politics & Diplomacy (Interstellar Relations)
The two biggest interstellar powers in the area are the Aslan Hierate and the Third Imperium. In addition, numerous pocket empires and world-states have managed to coexist with the bigger fish. The Zhodani Consulate possesses several client states in the area.
Polity Listing: 1116
- Independent Powers (Pocket Empires)
- Other Powers
- Kingdom of Drinax (past)
Polity Descriptions: 1116
Here are several synopses of the polities found in this sector:
- Aslan Powers: Aslan nation-states are known for their feuding and aggressive ways. Constant population pressure from Ihatei often force Aslan states into conflict among themselves and their neighbors...
- Aslan Hierate: The Aslan have had star flight for less than 3,200 years. Their spread through space has been slow; they crossed the Great Rift in -1044 yet didn't reach the border between Riftspan Reaches and the Trojan Reach until around -400 and didn't reach the current border until around 600.
- Glorious Empire: The Glorious Empire is an offshoot of the Hierate, founded some 500 years ago by a prosperous trader. The Empire's main prospect is in trade and is considered to be rather ingenious at bargaining. The principles on which it is run are considered unacceptable to proper Aslans and all Hierate clans profess enmity towards them, though no clan actually does anything about it.
- Independent Powers: These polities are larger and more powerful than individual world-states and are significant players on the sector scene.
- Belgardian Sojurnate: The Belgardian Sojurnate occupies three worlds in the Egyrn Subsector (Belgard, Gorgon, and Eleson). Known for their use of obsolete equipment, their origins are lost in myth and legend. The Sojurnate only wish to be left alone.
- Florian League: Consisting of 27 worlds in three subsectors, the Florian League reached its current extent 500 years ago and is content to stay at its current size. The League's capital is at Floria/Yggdrasil, which boasts TL15. Currently the League is on favorable terms with both the local dominant Aslan clans and the Imperium, actively trading with everyone in addition to providing stability in the region.
- Senlis Foederate: The Senlis Foederate (Senlis, Orsasch and Magen) is a small independent trading and defense alliance, and the first stage of a trade route across the Void. The worlds of Kydde and Bantral, both within the Void, have high agricultural status and have trade connections to the Foederate and Imperium.
- Strend Cluster: The Strend Cluster is found in Menorial Subsector and ruled by the totalitarian government of Strend. While technologically advanced, their influence is severely limited.
- Third Imperium: Imperial worlds are members of the Third Imperium; the protection of the Imperial Navy encourages trade and commerce.
- Alleg: AsMw: "Aslan Hierate, single multiple-world clan dominates"
- Alleg: AsSc: "Aslan Hierate, multiple clans split control"
- Alleg: AsT0: "Aslan Hierate, Tlaukhu control, Yerlyaruiwo (1), Hrawoao (13), Eisohiyw (14), Ferekhearl (19)"
- Alleg: AsT1: "Aslan Hierate, Tlaukhu control, Khauleairl (2), Estoieie' (16), Toaseilwi (22)"
- Alleg: AsT2: "Aslan Hierate, Tlaukhu control, Syoisuis (3)"
- Alleg: AsT3: "Aslan Hierate, Tlaukhu control, Tralyeaeawi (4), Yulraleh (12), Aiheilar (25), Riyhalaei (28)"
- Alleg: AsT4: "Aslan Hierate, Tlaukhu control, Eakhtiyho (5), Eteawyolei' (11), Fteweyeakh (23)"
- Alleg: AsT5: "Aslan Hierate, Tlaukhu control, Hlyueawi (6), Isoitiyro (15)"
- Alleg: AsT6: "Aslan Hierate, Tlaukhu control, Uiktawa (7), Iykyasea (17), Faowaou (27)"
- Alleg: AsT7: "Aslan Hierate, Tlaukhu control, Ikhtealyo (8), Tlerfearlyo (20), Yehtahikh (24)"
- Alleg: AsT8: "Aslan Hierate, Tlaukhu control, Seieakh (9), Akatoiloh (18), We'okunir (29)"
- Alleg: AsT9: "Aslan Hierate, Tlaukhu control, Aokhalte (10), Sahao' (21), Ouokhoi (26)"
- Alleg: AsTv: "Aslan Hierate, Tlaukhu vassal clan dominates"
- Alleg: AsVc: "Aslan Hierate, vassal clan dominates"
- Alleg: AsWc: "Aslan Hierate, single one-world clan dominates"
- Alleg: AsXX: "Aslan Hierate, unknown"
- Alleg: BlSo: "Belgardian Sojurnate"
- Alleg: CsIm: "Client state, Third Imperium"
- Alleg: CsZh: "Client state, Zhodani Consulate"
- Alleg: FlLe: "Florian League"
- Alleg: GlEm: "Glorious Empire"
- Alleg: ImDd: "Third Imperium, Domain of Deneb"
- Alleg: NaHu: "Non-Aligned, Human-dominated"
- Alleg: NaXX: "Non-Aligned, unclaimed"
- Alleg: SeFo: "Senlis Foederate"
- Alleg: StCl: "Strend Cluster"
Imperial Territory: 1116
This is an Imperial frontier area.
- This area is partially held by several small independent powers known as Pocket Empires.
- The Aslan Hierate holds a plurality of worlds in this sector.
- This sector is administered by the Domain of Deneb.
- 17.00% controlled by the Third Imperium.
- 83.00% is controlled by non-Imperial interests.
Trade Routes (Economic Astrography)
Mains, Branches & Arms
- Aslan Main
- Florian Corridor
- Florian Route
- Greater Annililik Run
- Grudovo Pendant
- Hierate Route
- Nora'a Spur
Clusters & Traces
Rifts, Voids & Jump Bridges
Other Astrographic Features
- Aslan Space
- Balkanized Space
- Imperial Space
- Independent Space
Worlds, Systems & Sectors (Political Astrography)
The capital or capitals of this area is/are located at:
- The capital of Strend Cluster is at Strend (Trojan Reach 0505).
- The capital of Belgardian Sojurnate is at Belgard (Trojan Reach 1106).
- The capital of Senlis Foederate is at Senlis (Trojan Reach 2108).
- The capital of Florian League is at Floria (Trojan Reach 0213).
- The capital of Aslan Hierate is at Syoakh (Trojan Reach 1027).
Sector Summary: 1116
The Trojan Reach sector has 327 worlds, of which 269 have native gas giants. The estimated population for the sector is 604 billion sophonts (not necessarily humans). There are 26 High population (Hi) worlds, 34 Moderate population (Ph) worlds, 130 Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, 74 Low population (Lo) worlds, and 11 Barren (Ba) worlds. There are 53 Agricultural (Ag) worlds versus 26 Pre-Agricultural (Pa) worlds, and 45 Non-Agricultural (Na) worlds. There are 38 Rich (Ri) worlds versus 13 Industrial (In) worlds. There are six Asteroid (As) belts, 47 Desert (De) worlds, 22 Garden (Ga) worlds, 15 Ice-capped (Ic) worlds, 78 Poor (Po) worlds, 38 Vacuum (Va) worlds, and 20 Water (Wa) or Ocean (Oc) worlds. There are 34 Naval bases in the sector, ten Scout bases, and one Way station. In Trojan Reach there are five race homeworlds. The Imperial nobility includes 55 Knights, six Baronets, 12 Barons, five Marquises, five Viscounts, nine Counts, two Dukes, and two Subsector Dukes. The highest population worlds are Hreahrya (Trojan Reach 0229) and Browne (Trojan Reach 3030). The highest tech level is F at Tobia (Trojan Reach 3215). The average technology level is 9 (with most between 5 and 12).
- The capital of Strend Cluster is Strend (Trojan Reach 0505).
- The capital of Belgardian Sojurnate is Belgard (Trojan Reach 1106).
- The capital of Senlis Foederate is Senlis (Trojan Reach 2108).
- The capital of Florian League is Floria (Trojan Reach 0213).
- The capital of Aslan Hierate is Syoakh (Trojan Reach 1027).
- The sector capital of Third Imperium, Domain of Sol is Tobia (Trojan Reach 3215).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Pax Rulin is Pax Rulin (Trojan Reach 2204).
- The Third Imperium, Domain of Sol subsector capital of Gazulin is Gazulin (Trojan Reach 2708).
World Listing: 1116
Subsector Listing: 1116
The following subsectors can be found within this sector:
- Subsector A: Menorial
- Subsector B: Egyrn
- Subsector C: Pax Rulin
- Subsector D: Gazulin
- Subsector E: Yggdrasil
- Subsector F: Dpres
- Subsector G: Sindal
- Subsector H: Tobia
- Subsector I: Nora'a
- Subsector J: Goertel
- Subsector K: Tlaiowaha
- Subsector L: The Borderland
- Subsector M: Ranib
- Subsector N: Silraaihe
- Subsector O: Hkea'as
- Subsector P: Binary
Territorial Overview: 1116
The following table details the subsectors within this area:
- No information yet available.
Territorial Chart Key
No information yet available.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Bob McWilliams. Leviathan (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), TBD.
- Citation Missing - Third Imperium Fanzine in Issue #2
- Citation Missing - Alien - Vilani & Vargr (dotmap provided)
- Citation Missing - Alien - Solomani & Aslan (dotmap provided)
- Periodical: MegaTraveller Travellers' Digest No. 20
- Rob Caswell. "Domain of Deneb: Sector Data." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): TBD.
- MegaTraveller Rebellion Sourcebook
- Mongoose Traveller: Aslan
- Mongoose Traveller The Pirates of Drinax
- External Link: TNE Yahoo Group by Author & Contributor: Peter Gray
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science