Tripwire class Early Warning Scout
|Tripwire class Early Warning Scout|
|Type: SI Early Warning Scout|
|Also see||Scout Vessel|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
Qty: MCr 59.189
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Tripwire class Early Warning Scout is a scouting starship.
It is a vessel with 1-G and J-1 performance. The TL–10 streamlined needle/wedge structured hulls are equipped with fuel scoops and on board fuel purification for wilderness ocean refueling. They carry enough internal fuel for two jumps. They are famous for their ability to do very fast pre-checks and initiate jumps quickly, to escape and get a warning to high chains of command. They have a model/1 ship computer mounted adjacent to the bridge and are capable of 1 G acceleration and have no agility rating. Because of their large cargo bay they can be fitted with collapsible or dis-mountable fuel tanks for when additional range is needed.
- They are armed with two plasma guns and a triple sand caster turret for defense.
- They can carry a 2 dton Air/Raft.
- It has a 6 sophont crew and no marines. Each crew member has their own private cabin, a rare luxury in the military. With double occupancy, passengers can be carried.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
- Tonnage: 200 tons (standard), 2,800 cubic meters.
- Crew: Pilot, Engineer, Medic, 3 Gunners
- Performance: Jump 1, 1G acceleration. Power plant-1. 2 EP. Agility 0.
- Electronics: Model 1 computer.
- Hardpoints/Armament: Two plasma guns in a dual turret
- Defenses: Triple sand caster turret
- Craft: 2 dton Air/Raft
- Fuel Treatment: Fuel Scoops and On Board Fuel Purification
- Cost: MCr 73.986 standard. MCr 59.189 in quantity.
- Construction Time: 48 weeks standard. 39 weeks in quantity.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/TBD fib computer.|
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||No information yet available.|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
Three in service. Designed and built at Dal Hallen for the Rimward Federation. These ships operate within the Far Home Sector. They are in service with the Federation Navy and are posted in several systems to speed communications between fleet elements for coordinated defense of the federation. Retired Federation scouts love these ships because they make excellent commercial merchant vessels. Many free traders use these ex-military vessels, and they are much sought after. The navy uses them for limited logistical support of deployed marine units and to bring supplies to major combatants, which lack storage capacity for provisions.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science