|Homeworld||Funafuti (Vanguard Reaches 2824)|
- 1 Description (Specifications)
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 4 References & Contributors (Sources)
No information yet available.
Physiology & Environment (Ecology)
Growing up to 2.3 meters high, the Tredhili remind one of a brightly multi-colored asparagus with anywhere from 6-12 tentacles. They move about slowly (1 kph top speed) on 12-20 pseudopods developed from the plant's root system.
- Omnivorous, they developed during a time when Funafuti started to dry up, evolving them to utilize animals as a subsidiary water source. For capture/defense, Tredhili developed a thorny tip on some of their tentacles (usually 2-4) which injects a paralyzing drug. Treat the normal tentacles as whip damage and attack. The Tredhili suck subsistence thru their normal tentacles. The same normal tentacles act as manipulative members.
- The fibrous body is tough.
- They are bisexual, reproducing by exchanging spores with other Tredhili.
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
Culture & Society (Ethnology)
A introspective and patient folk, the Tredhili live in planned arboretum cities dominated by a Erecih (rough trans.: "oldest root stock") with a maximum of 8,000 Tredhili per city. There are 134 such cities on Funafuti.
- Tredhili usually stand aloof from animal sophonts. The exceptions are those Tredhili whose professions are engineers, biologists, botanists, archeologists, historians and psychologists. Tredhili botanists and psychologists are in much demand off world.
Social Organization: 1105
Society is a hierarchy of the oldest at the top and the youngest at the bottom. Anti-social Tredhili are exiled off-planet.
Language & Letters (Communication)
Tredhili are psionic, communicating by telepathy and also commonly possess telekinesis and awareness as psi skill. They also create scents to attract prey or other sentient they wish to interact with.
Technology & Trade (Economy)
At first contact with humaniti traders, they were TL–6. They embraced star travel quite happily, traveling far thru the Vanguard Reaches and Beyond sectors. Then suddenly, interstellar travel ceased in 835 for no apparent reason. In 965, they rejected the Comsentient Alliance' overtures and became an Imperial client state with an outpost and scout base on their largest moon (there are 4 moons total), Dasizich.
- Tredhili current TL is 12, except for psychology, social science, and botany, at which they are rated 15+.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This race (sophont species) is primarily located in the following areas:
- No information yet available.
The homeworld of this race is:
World Listing: 1115
Significant communities of this race (sophont species) are known to exist within the following systems and worlds:
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Michael J. Maley - High Tortuga
- "The High Tortuga Traveller website is managed by Darkhstarr. Requests to post material on this site welcomed. Any non-canonical material by the author may be posted to another site as long as the author gets credited & a link to this site is published with the posted material." (Paraphrased)