A ToolSet is a Traveller game mechanic, an organized system for generating game components other than player characters.
- The player character generator is known as CharGen.
The T5 Core Rules contains ToolSets for the following:
- CreatureMaker (In version 5.09, "BeastMaker")
- Traveller Sophont Creation System (SophontMaker)
No information yet available.
CharGen and various simulators for making various things across a broad spectrum from NPCs to objects to armor to weaponry to vehicles to starships and more have been a consistent feature of the game since 1977.
Many ToolSets have been converted into online calculators and similar programs.
The Perils of CharGen
Traveller is very well known for the possibility of a character being killed before it leaves CharGen. Some might say infamous...
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 537-630.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science