|Tlazolteotl/Dpres (Trojan Reach 1514)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||M6 V W D|
Tlazolteotl is a poor, industrial, high-population desert hellworld, with a billion or more sophonts struggling to survive in a inhospitable environment.
- Hellworlds often offer daily, and sometimes hourly, life-threatening situations to their inhabitants.
- This world has no free-standing water.
- As an industrial world, this planet has well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. Manufactured goods are a major export item.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the Dpres Subsector of Trojan Reach Sector.
Binary Solar System
Tlazolteotl Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Tlazolteotl Primary Primary Red M6 V Tlazolteotl Companion Secondary W D
History & Background (Dossier)
Tlazolteotl is a non-aligned major exporter of low-technology industrial goods to all the worlds of the Sindalian Main.
This world, originally named Burgundy, was colonized during the Rule of Man by Terrans from various European and Asian countries, second-generation worlds like Mars or the Centauri colonies, and a few special-interest groups -- including a few dozen settlers originally from Central America, devotees of the vanished Aztec culture.
- They intended to build a community modeled on the Aztecs in the jungles of Burgundy and vanished into the thickly forested wilderness of the western continent.
Burgundy was part of the Sindalian Empire until its fall.
- Around -400 the planet was wracked by a nuclear war coupled with the Burgundy star entering a flare period that scrambled computer systems and caused massive desertification. The planet collapsed into anarchy. In the aftermath the descendants of the neo-Aztecs, adept at using low-technology weapons, were able to pacify the war-torn world within a generation, renaming the planet Tlazolteotl.
Today, Tlazolteotl is Aztec-inspired culture and art is everywhere. Human sacrifice is practiced extensively and the government is in the hands of the priest caste.
- Visitors to Tlazolteotl are advised to land only at the starport/temple for their own safety.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|