|Thorell/Nicosia (Old Expanses 0231)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|New Era (1200)|| |
Thorel is a low-population world with a population of less than 10,000 sophonts in size.
- This world has yet to take off economically or otherwise and the population remains low for reasons largely unknown.
- This a "forbidden" world designated as a Red Zone with an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that make it extremely dangerous to visitors. Everyone is forbidden to travel here.
- This a "low technology" world with technology competency well below technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Nicosia Subsector of Old Expanses Sector in the Domain of Sol.
- It is the homeworld of the Thorellians, a sophont species and minor race.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Thorell is a Scout Service red zone, interdicted until the natives progress sufficiently to enter the interstellar community.
Thorel Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Thorel Primary Red M6 IV
Native Sophont (NIL): Thorellian
The native race of Thorell is well adapted to its near-vacuum world, although archaeologists and geologists maintain the atmosphere was thicker at one time. Thorellians are a burrowing race, built long and low, with six limbs. They can see an electromagnetic spectrum from green through microwaves.
- Many interconnecting burrows make up a city, which is synonymous with a Thorellian nation. There are at least 300 such nations plus smaller groupings and loners on the planet. Territorial disputes are common but usually nonviolent.
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.