- It is hostile and malign and should be considered extremely dangerous.
The Plague is the name given to a fictional disease that has gained intelligence by infecting human hosts. It is believed to occupy much of the Greater Samardin Cluster but is disorganized and factional. It strives to overcome the League of Asclepius, a lost settlement descended from the crew of the Mercy Benevolent, a medical ship of the Last Armada.
- It is the villain in the 3V Entertainment show Plague Sector.
The Plague infected the crew of the Last Armada armored cruiser Assurance Destiny after they had been abandoned: the vessel was assisted by the Mercy Benevolent but following its infection the medical vessel was forced to flee. The Plague was able to utilize the GenPods installed on the cruiser to increase the humans available to it. Over the course of centuries it used its human populations to found outposts and bases, construct ships, and ultimately spread across the region.
- It has been observed by historians that the Last Armada had no dedicated hospital ships, and nor are there records of a cruiser bearing the name Assurance Destiny. The medical needs of individual vessels were seen to by the expert medical teams that formed part of their crew. Both vessels are fictional, invented by the scriptwriters for the 3V show Plague Sector.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
World Listing: 1105
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Contributor: Tom Chlebus
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science