The Early Adventures
|The Early Adventures|
Background and adventures from Travellers' Digest 1-4
|Publisher||Digest Group Publications|
|Author||Joe Fugate, Gary L. Thomas|
|Available from||No (Aftermarket)|
|Table of Contents|
- It is a source book designed for MegaTraveller.
The Quest for Adventure
The Early Adventures introduce you to four fascinating characters: a Scout, a journalist, a scientist, and an almost-perfected pseudo-biological robot. Learn about them as you play out these four exciting adventures:
- Of Xboats and Friends:
- Dur Telemon, the ex-Scout, wants to stop off and visit a friend at an express boat station. Suddenly, events take a sinister turn when the party stumbles upon an amazing secret that may cost them their lives. Included are cut-away deck plans of the 1,000-ton xboat tender, complete with its MegaTraveller Universal Craft Profile.
- The Journey of the Sojourn Moon:
- A strange backward culture inhabits the bright side of the tidally locked world Wal-ta-ka. Who are the "Children of Wal-ta-ka?" Akidda Laagiir and his companions travel there to find the real story of these mysterious nomads descended from starfaring colonists. An extremely detailed treatment of the world and its lifeforms is included, as well as additional details on Dr. Krenstein’s robot companion, AB-101.
- Visit to Antiquity:
- Emotions run high when the four travellers encounter a group of Vargr researchers at a historically important Ancient site. The Vargr and our four characters make some startling new discoveries. Also featured is an article on Gvegh, the most common Vargr language, and how it reflects one widespread Vargr culture of the region.
- The Gold of Zurrian:
- A mysterious murder on board an interstellar liner catches the passengers by surprise, and to make matters worse all evidence points to one of our four characters. Can the others clear their companion’s good name in time - before the real murderer decides to take matters into his own hands? Included are detailed deck plans and the Universal Craft Profile of the 1,000 ton liner where the adventure takes place.
And Lots of Background Material
These adventures introduce many new worlds and alien cultures for you to explore, with plenty of maps and detailed library data. Included are exciting new details about the Zhodani and Vargr, two of Traveller's alien races. Are you looking for new technology? Within are excerpts from the first year's "Tech Briefs", an ongoing feature highlighting new devices for Traveller. (There are even some fantastically high-tech Ancient artifacts.) Plenty of diagrams and charts are included.
Referee's, would you like to add pizzazz to your adventures? And without extra work? The adventures in this special book are packed with ideas and tips for leading your players through each adventure. Watching the same group of characters develop adds excitement to your role-playing, while your players' ability to role-play expands with every game. And each adventure gives the referee plenty of detailed NPC's to play with.
Table of Contents
|Express Boat Tender deck plans||IFC|
|Introduction and Characters||1|
|Adventure 1: Of X-Boats and Friends||4|
|Express Boat Tender||10|
|Deneb Sector: Library Data||11|
|Adventure 2: Journey of the Sojourn Moon||12|
|Journalist Character Generation||24|
|Adventure 3: Visit to Antiquity||26|
|Corridor Sector: Library Data||35|
|Playing the Vargr||36|
|Adventure 4: The Gold of Zurrian||38|
|Gold Of Zurrian: Long Liner deck plans||IBC|
Library Data Entries (Public)
A reprint of much of the first four issues of Travellers' Digest magazine. Only material that did not appear in print elsewhere (for example in Book 8: Robots) was included. All reprinted material was upgraded to MegaTraveller standards, having originally been printed for Classic Traveller.
- Follow four unlikely travellers: a journalist, an ex-Scout, a scientist, and his robot sidekick. Starting "behind the claw" in Spinward Marches Sector, they travel hundreds of light years on a memorable quest to the Imperial Capital.
This is an overview of the The Travellers' Digest Magazine (periodical) run:
|The Travellers' Digest|
|CT / TD / DGP Periodicals (1985 to 1987): |
Issue 1 - Issue 2 - Issue 3 - Issue 4 - The Early Adventures - Issue 5 - Issue 6 - Issue 7 - Issue 8
Credits (Primary Sources)
|Credit||Authors & Contributors|
|Adventure 1||Joe Fugate and Gary L. Thomas|
|Adventure 2||Nancy Parker and Robert Parker|
|Adventure 3||Gary L. Thomas and Joe Fugate|
|Adventure 4||Gary L. Thomas|
|Library Data||Nancy Parker and Robert Parker|
Commentary & Data articles:
- EXTERNAL LINK: TBD
- EXTERNAL LINK: TBD
- EXTERNAL LINK: TBD
References & Contributions (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|