Thalassa (Da 2127) (world)
|Army size (BEs)||1|
|World Trade Number||3.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||712|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||0|
|Port passengers (annual)||500|
Thalassa is a nonindustrial, pre-rich water world, which has 90% or more of its surface covered in an ocean of water.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- It still lacks adequate population to expand its economy to a rich status.
- Its economy is growing and living conditions are expected to rise in the near future barring outside forces. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Pact Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector and in the Domain of Vland. Thalassa, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight and a baronet. Both are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world.
- During the Long Night this world was named Muuam.
Astrography and planetology
This unimportant, water-covered world lies off the major subsector trade routes despite lying on the Dagudashaag Main. The relatively poor starport facilities are almost entirely due to the lack of available dry land. It is nothing more than a convenient stopping-off and refueling point for the itinerant free trader captain.
Thalassa Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Thalassa Primary Primary Orange K8 V
The world does possess abundant native life, all aquatic and all confined to the warm equatorial oceans. The two most notable species are the huge, carnivorous Tarok and the pseudo-crustacean Zyroach.
History and background
The small population is almost exclusively concerned with the farming of Qha Plant which has various dietary and pharmaceutical properties. Even this is on the wane as products can now be more easily and cheaply produced synthetically.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
Thalassa (Da 2127) has a poor quality starport.
- A Class-D Starport Facility has minimal if any shipyards and can only perform extremely limited repair work.
- This facility has many skilled personnel who can perform minor repair work.
- This facility has refueling infrastructure and limited refining capabilities. One may purchase unrefined fuel here.
- Starports of this class very rarely have both a Lowport and a Highport.
References and contributors
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|