Thaakh class Monitor
|Thaakh class Monitor|
|Type: HML Monitor|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
Qty: MCr 67,302.211
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 328 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Thaakh class Monitor is a defensive warship.
- It is a military ship and a Monitor.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
They are heavily armored needle/wedge hulls capable of hiding in the atmospheres of gas giants lying in ambush. They are capable of 6G acceleration with a 4-Agility rating. They are designed with several redundant systems, which allow them to absorb considerable punishment. They are fitted with fuel scoops but need not worry about fuel purification. It carries a pair of model/5 fib ship computers with an auxiliary bridge, and a low watch to replace fallen crew.
The TL–11 hulls don't have jump drives and can not leave the system in which they were build. The Ch'kaahi (world) system defense fleet lacks as yet, the ability to transport these monsters to other systems.
They are fitted with the best particle accelerator spinal mounted weapon system available for ship killing. They are armed with four repulsor bays, seventeen heavy missile bays, two hundred triple sand caster batteries, five dual plasma guns, and one hundred and forty triple pulse laser turrets.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/TBD fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||TBD|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type BM class Monitor
- Thaakh class Monitor
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- , , . (, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science