Tent Worlds are smaller worlds covered by an advanced technology tarpaulin or tent under which an artificial atmosphere can be created.
- It may be classified with a Main World or non-MW trade code.
- It is a planet or world type.
- Please also see the AAB Library Data article: Paraterraforming
The costs of trying to tent over a larger world are prohibited so that only smaller worlds end up being test beds for the technology. As tenting materials and technologies grow more sophisticated, it is suspected that larger worlds will become feasible candidates for the technology.
|Tent World||0-2||--||--||--||--||--||--||A tented & paraterraformed world. Artificially constructed using Paraterraforming.|
Probably Planetary Orbit & Climate
There is no expected orbit for a tent world. Any smaller world with adequate solar radiation can be a candidate to become a tent world. They tend to be located around the HZ where costs are at their lowest for the process.
Tent worlds were originally engineered and proven over much smaller than planet-sized celestial bodies. They were often experimented on with rift valleys, large craters, or other depressions in a natural satellite or moon's landscape. The Terran moon, Luna (world) was one of these early testbeds.
No information yet available.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
World Listing: 1105
- Marc Miller. Worlds and Adventures (Game Designers Workshop, 1977), TBD.
- Marc Miller. Scouts (Game Designers Workshop, 1983), TBD.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), TBD.
- EXTERNAL LINK: Beowolf's Libary Data Website (defunct)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science