The Tavrchedl' or "Guardians of Our Morality" are a law enforcement branch of the Zhodani Government.
The infamous Thought Police are a branch of the Zhodani government charged with maintaining right thought by the population. Primarily an internal attitude and security police, their responsibility is internal order within the Zhodani Consulate. Effectively, they operate as a secret police force constantly spying on the population with psionics. Their mission is to catch anyone who is discontented with the system, their lot in life, or their superiors, and to brainwash them into acceptance of the system. This brainwashing is known as re-education.
- The Tavrchedl' are also charged with locating and removing agents of external powers from the Zhodani Consulate.
- As a para-military organization, the Tavrchedl' serves several roles supportive of the military in peacetime, and as a military government on occupied worlds (...until they can be absorbed into the Zhodani Consulate) during wartime.
History & Background (Dossier)
During the Frontier Wars, the Thought Police were responsible for the administration of occupied Imperial worlds.
- Zhodani military governments are concerned primarily with maintaining a safe and docile population, and proven methods of achieving such a condition include some brutal exploits to prove they are serious, followed by inclusion of locals into the governing process.
- Apprehended suspects (people) often receive a quick re-education and then take their position with sincerity and dedication to the Zhodani cause. To the rest of the population, the individual appears to be brainwashed or coerced.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Classic Traveller Zhodani (Alien Module 4)
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science