|Taravesh/Beckann (Gateway 1527)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
- As an industrial world, this planet has well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. Manufactured goods are a major export item.
- Its economy is rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to rapidly improve barring outside forces.
- It is a member of the Trindel Confederacy in the Beckann Subsector of Gateway Sector.
- This world-system hosts a Naval Base, usually associated with military starships, which may be located on or off-world.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
It is one of the Confederacy's most important centers of industry and manufacturing. The occupation, carried out to prevent Viyard Concourse occupation, has brought relations between Gateway (Gateway 1220) and Trindel (Gateway 1725) to a new low.
Taravesh is an important source of fibron, an electrochemically grown material spun into superconducting filaments for use in computers and microelectronics.
History & Background (Dossier)
- Recently occupied by a Galian battlefleet under the command of Rear Admiral Jaime Marcus, this world is under martial law.
Former home port for the 2nd TCN Battle Squadron, and the site of manufacture for the TCN's Taravesh Class Gunboats. The survivors of the squadron have been forced to withdraw, yet vow to retake their world.