Homo sapiens dlaekanis
|Homeworld||Dlaekan (Reft 3134)|
|Language||Unknown Native Language|
|Reference||Gary L. Thomas, Joe Fugate. "Reft Sector." The Travellers' Digest 20 (1990): 27.|
|Status||Minor Race, Minor Human Race|
The Tapazmal are a technologically sophisticated sophont species.
Physiology and Environment
Dlaekan is a hot world, its mean surface temperature exceeding 70 degrees Celsius. Dlaekan has an unusually dense core and a surprising amount of tectonic activity. The early Tapazmal lived on the slopes of Dlaekan's high peaks, where the atmosphere was thinner and temperatures lower.
Physically, the Tapazmal are little different from the rest of humaniti. One notable feature is their low birthrate, beleived to be a result of geneering by the Ancients. This modification likely served to limit Dlaekan's population in Ancient times, thereby conserving the mountains' scant resources.
History & Background (Dossier)
Interstellar contact in more recent times first came around -4700, when the Loeskalth - another minor human race, native to neighboring Gushemege Sector - intermittently raided the Tapazmal for artwork and other valuable objects. (The Loeskalth had long since received jump drive from another Vilani client, but were not absorbed into Vilani culture until later.) These raids continued until the Vilani themselves came to Dlaekan several centuries later. The Tapazmal eagerly accepted Vilani offers of technological aid and protection, at the cost of submerging their native culture in the Vilani Way. Tapazmal civilization grew under Vilani custody, but it never reached beyond Dlaekan. This situation changed after the First Imperium's fall. Old cultural records were unearthed and studied, and the Tapazmal tried diligently to return to the ways of their distant ancestors. The expanding Solomani, eager to have a base in the area, granted the Tapazmal several colony worlds in return for their cooperation.
Psychology and Philosophy
The Tapazmal are a conservative, unaggressive, and mystical people.
Their roles in society are strictly defined. Individualists defy the old standards at substantial risk. Nonetheless, Dlaekan and its daughters are pleasant worlds, their inhabitants hard-working and at peace.
Technology & Trade
The Tapazmal are known for their great artistic and architectural skill, combining modern technology with traditional styles and motifs.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This race (sophont species) is primarily located in the following areas:
- Gushemege Sector
- Reft Sector
- Limon Subsector
- Moibin Subsector
- Today, the Tapazmal occupy six worlds in Reft - Dlaekan, G'haenbaz (Reft 2733), Bokilborn (Reft 2834), Pamraeltan (Reft 2932), P'hakar (Reft 2934), and Hoilhapuli (Reft 3229) - as well as one world in Gushemege: Choltonrul (Gushemege 0136). Despite their reach, the low numbers of the Tapazmal have kept them from being a major force in Imperial politics.
The homeworld of this race (sophontic species) is:
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Gary L. Thomas, Joe Fugate. "Reft Sector." The Travellers' Digest 20 (1990): 27.
- James Maliszewski."Tapazmali Minor Human Race". Alien Realms Volume 1 Issue 3 (HIWG 1991): 1-3
- Martin Dougherty. The Spinward States (Avenger Enterprises, 2008), 51-52,170.
- Martin Dougherty. Reft Sector (Mongoose Publishing, 2010), 10.
- EXTERNAL LINK: Downport CARI
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science