Talk:Traveller Logo Licence
SRD full text (2018)
Would it be permissible to include the SRD full text on the wiki, here or somewhere else?
- Would it be worthwhile? If so, where should it go?
I don't know. Perhaps Thomas does.
If it's appropriate for the wiki, I can upload; someone shared it on a Traveller Facebook group, and I downloaded it for my own purposes.
- It could stand a bunch of touch-up to make it wiki format, assuming we can have it here at all.
Would you please send me it via E-mail and I'll double check with MWM first?
- Is that acceptable to you?
I don't think I have your e-mail. If you don't want to share it here, you can use a disposable address.
Use my Facebook address or CotI, please.
I have two concerns, and a few questions.
1) The wiki has since it's founding a "no game rules" policy. This is a clear violation of this. I'm happy to discuss this, but am strongly in favor keeping this policy. 2) The SRD referenced is from Mongoose Publishing. Do we have the explicit permission from Mongoose Publishing to re-publish this here?
- What format are you thinking of adding this to the wiki? As a PDF file you can download from this page? Or as a set of wiki pages?
- If you have a PDF, it make the document much easier to link and download externally (e.g. from Facebook). I would have no objection to uploading it to the wiki (beyond the approvals from Mongoose) and letting people download it from here. There are several other documents you can download already.
- If you are planning on a set of wiki pages, this I have more concerns with. It's harder to download, and less friendly (depending upon layout).
I will ask on the Mongoose forum whether it is permissible to share it here. I have it in Microsoft Word format, old enough that my 2003 version opens it.
I'll try to e-mail when I get home; I'm away from my desktop.
That would be cool. Can you post a link to the Mongoose Forum for your post, I'd like to read the responses. Also please drop a note from Special:EmailUser/Tjoneslo, and include your contact email. Converting word->PDF is pretty simple. The last time I saw the SRD, it was un-formatted. So I'm not sure how much you were planning on updating it. Tjoneslo (talk) 08:12, 21 July 2018 (EDT)
Thanks, Steve. I tend to agree with Thomas on this matter, but I am keeping an open mind. And ultimately Marc is the boss.
Here's the thread: permission question about the SRD (not much there so far).
I didn't realize that the equipment list consisted of descriptions and prices, but no rules and statistics about the items. For that reason, I thought that the web version at http://www.travellersrd.com was incomplete, but the Word document version that was shared on Facebook has the same content.