Every sector of Imperial Space is now built out.
- Many need updating to the latest standard, but are otherwise done.
- Baseline entries now established for every world.
- As is previously noted, the world number totals diverge from different earlier estimates in many cases.
- Some of the more frequented sectors have a number of non-canon worlds added to the counts.
Ziru Sirka vs. Ziru Sirkaa (2017)
The wiki states that "Sirkaa" with two a's represents the 3rd Imperium. I thought it represents the reconstituted Vilani Empire during the Rebellion years.
I don't know who originally put that in. I suspect D. Corrin. We should source it and make corrections if necessary.
- Ziru Sirka is the 1st Imperium
- Ziru Sirkaa is the Restored Vilani Imperium (ca 1120), though I believe I have seen Marc Miller (under T5) use it as a term for the Third Imperium as well (to add confusion).
Number of worlds in the Imperium (2017)
I finally got around to pulling the data from TravMap - interesting development - There are 8,990 systems in the various domains with 197 identified as Client states giving us a total of 9187 within the boundaries of the Third Imperium.
ImAp 23 Amec Protectorate ImDa 1,152 Domain of Antares ImDc 1,557 Domain of Sylea ImDd 701 Domain of Deneb ImDg 303 Domain of Gateway ImDi 1,625 Domain of Ilelish ImDs 1,688 Domain of Sol ImDv 1,635 Domain of Vland ImLa 12 League of Antares ImLc 181 Lancian Cultural Region ImLu 57 Luriani Cultural Association ImSy 25 Sylean Worlds ImVd 31 Vegan Autonomous District CsIm 197 Client state
Have I missed some or has the "inflated" number been around so long that the T5 Second Survey has finally put a concrete number in place that will change our "viewpoint" on the size of the 3I? - Ssteve (talk) 10:37, 21 April 2017 (EDT)
- Ssteve, those numbers are always being futzed with. They float and change as some of the users play with the data. I've seen the numbers float from the high 8,000's to the low 11,000's. Don't be surprised if they change again soon.
- I've missed you around the wiki and hope that you are well.
- - Maksim-Smelchak (talk) 10:44, 21 April 2017 (EDT)
- I would hope that TrvellerMap allegiances and numbers wouldn't change so much after the T5SS scrub....
- - Ssteve (talk) 11:13, 21 April 2017 (EDT)
- The 11,000 number was something made up by the GDW crew and never backed by any real numbers. The ~8990 number has been known ever since the DGP group had their computer generate the actual stars across the Imperial sectors. See Travellers' Digest 10 p. 42. It's shifted by a few worlds over the years, and depending upon which dataset you used, as some of the border client states were added or removed. See also Trade map summary, and the history of the page to see how the number has changed over the years. I've never seen any other values for worlds in the Imperium.
- The Traveller Digest article attempts to explain the discrepancy between the 11,000 and the 8,990 number by having the Binary and Trinary systems include two sets of main worlds.
- There are two sets of worlds that are not part of the Third Imperium that may still be counted.
- The first is the worlds of the Julian Protectorate. These worlds are on the Antares main, and were part of the First and Second Imperium. The JP managed to repel the Third Imperium.
- Second is the Solomani Sphere. Which was part of the Third Imperium until the Rim war. The Solomani Sphere has 1,783 worlds, which added to the current Third Imperium is within spitting distance of 11,000.
Imperial Taxes Discussion (2017)
- External Link: FB Trav RPG Imp Taxes
WHULorigan Notes (2016)
Smelchak Notes (2016)
Imperial Culture discussion at CotI:
MoJ and intelligence discussion:
- External Link: A Brief History of The Imperium [Traveller Introduction]
- - Maksim-Smelchak (talk) 12:59, 21 October 2016 (EDT)
Ramspite Notes (2010)
"..., no archduke was never appointed." double negative.
- I changed it to read "..., no archduke was ever appointed."
- Ramspite 07:03, May 5, 2010 (UTC)