Sylean class Battleship
|Sylean class Battleship|
Published, canon ship design.
|Type: BB Battleship|
Qty: MCr 59,822.504
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
The Sylean class Battleship is a heavy warship.
The streamlined needle/wedge hull is armored and fitted with fuel scoops but has no fuel refineries. It is capable of Jump-4 range with 5-Gs acceleration but little agility. It carries a single 50 ton cutter, but features a model 9 fib computer which supports an excellent sensor suite and precise fire control.
For defense, it is fitted with two batteries of triple sand caster turrets, ten repulsor bays, and excellent meson and nuclear damper screens. For offense, it carries sixty missile bays, ten particle accelerator bays, ten fusion gun bays, and a single battery of triple beam laser turrets. The main ship killing weapon is the factor T spinal mounted meson gun.
To make the design more versatile the cavernous cargo bays can be fitted with fighter squadrons, assault troop modules and still have room for a year's worth of provisions and life support.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|4.||Electronics||Model TBD fib computer.|
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses|| No information yet available.
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
History & Background (Dossier)
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- John Harshman, Marc Miller, Loren Wiseman. Library Data (A-M) (Game Designers Workshop, 1981), 16.
- Marc Miller. Rebellion Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1988), 26.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science