Sveinhelm class Assault Carrier
|Sveinhelm class Assault Carrier|
Symbol of the Sword Worlds
|Type: VA Assault Carrier|
|Also see||Subcraft Carrier - Carrier|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cargo||243.5 ton Tons|
Qty: MCr 922.558
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Hull||Close Structure Hull|
|Origin||Sword Worlds Confederation|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 47 Low Watch Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Streamlining||Partially Streamlined Hull|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Sveinhelm class Assault Carrier is a heavy warship.
It is a vessel with 2-G and J-2 performance with a Partially Streamlined Close Structure Hull. Neither quick nor agile, the close structure hull is lightly armored and partially streamlined for gas giant refueling.
- It carries light armament and a defensive suite. It is equipped with a single battery of ten triple beam laser turrets and a single battery of ten triple missile turrets.
- It ordinarily carries a number of subcraft and drones when needed. It was designed to carry a pair of fighter squadrons this pocket carrier is used as a tiny flag ship for small escort flotillas.
- It has a 94 sophont crew and 12 marines.
- A fictional chit in the style of Fifth Frontier War representing a squadron of Sveinhelm class Transports. The color of the counter indicates its allegiance to the Sword Worlds Confederation.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||2,000 tons. Partially Streamlined Close Structure Hull|
|4.||Electronics||Model/2 fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||x20 20T Angbar class Light Fighters|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fuel Scoops and On Board Fuel Purification|
|11.||Construction Time||58 months to build, 53 months in quantity.|
These fighters squadrons are most effective providing CAS to Durendal ground forces. These "light fighters" are not built to take punishment, but excel at long range tank busting. The Angbar class Light Fighters are dual-environment and streamlined for effective atmospheric work.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: The screen reactors are located very near several of the ship galleys, which leads to many meals registering much higher than expected on rad meters. It's still well within safe limits for most sophont species, but it has still led to an endless number of jokes about nuked food.
Class Naming Practice/s: The vessels are named after major cities and metropolises in the Sword Worlds Confederation.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type VA class Assault Carrier
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science