|Homeworld||Lair (Provence 2402)|
|Reference||Simon Beal. Vargr (Mongoose Publishing, 2009), 3,32.|
|Status||Major Race Subspecies, Vargr Ethnic Group|
The Suedzuk Vargr are a technologically sophisticated sophont subspecies.
- They are a major race, Terragen, and a Vargr Ethnic Group with a semi-humanoid appearance.
- This race is a Vargr subspecies.
- Their poorly organized supra-polity is known as the Vargr Extents and can be found coreward of the Third Imperium.
- Please also see: Aekhu Vargr, Akumgeda Vargr, Irilitok Vargr, Ovaghoun Vargr, Suedzuk Vargr, Kokasha Vargr, Logaksu Vargr, Nakagun Vargr, Roth Thokken Vargr, Urzaeng Vargr
The ‘Blood Vargr’ – the local Anglic term for the Suedzuk with their infamous coats of red fur – had undisputed authority, and make up the solid majority of the Vargr population until roughly a century ago, with only a few ‘fake Vilani’ Ovaghoun Vargr and ‘cutie-pie’ Irilitok Vargr interspersed in the general population.
History & Background (Dossier)
The Blood Vargr are infamous for the destruction of the garden world of Gashikan, the homeworld of a minor human race called the Yileans, in A.D. 2862 (-1658 Imperial). However, in A.D. 3093 (-1427 Imperial) the Vargr were effectively exterminated within Gashikan Sector by the Yileans’ Wolvesbane Project. The Project, an anti-canine plague, was successfully quarantined within the sector by the Vargr, but only at great cost.
The sudden rise of the humanist Hegemony of Lorean redrew the map of Beta Quadrant in the late 700s, absorbing numerous pocket empires and independent worlds into her expanding frontiers. It also directly led to the shattering of Suedzuk Vargr culture in the region, and its eventual replacement with the man-friendly Irilitok Vargr.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- Trenchans Sector
- Kfazz Ghik Sector
- Angfutsag Sector
- Ktiin'gzat Sector
- Arzul Sector
- Amdukan Sector
- Empty Quarter Sector
- Mugheen't Sector
- Gn'hk'r Sector
The homeworld of this race (sophontic species) is:
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- James Holden, Joe D. Fugate Sr., Terrance McInnes. Vilani & Vargr (Digest Group Publications, 1990), 63.
- Simon Beal. "The Vargr Race." Vargr (2009): 3,32.
- Citation Missing - Stellar Reaches No. 10
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Pakkrat
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science