Stars of the Rim
- The Listing also includes information on Shadow Rifts, clusters of stars, nebulae, anomalous signal sources, and other phenomena.
Description / Specifications
System Details: Although detailed, accurate information is widely available relating to the stars at the heart of each system, relatively limited information is available about the various planetary bodies that orbit them. The presence and numbers of gas giants are known through their effects on their primaries. The cutting-edge sensor arrays and advanced computing power employed by the DSP are certainly sensitive enough to detect the presence of large rocky bodies and even large planetoids lying within those far off systems. Such information, however, has not been made generally available.
There is some speculation over the reasons for this omission. Primarily, it is argued, it discourages casual travel into the Empty Stars. Such travel may chance across Voyagers or the Vilani or other dangers and alert them to the presence of the surviving Terran culture of the Distant Fringe.
History & Background / Dossier
Published Data: The Spinward Survey publishes and updates Stars of the Rim, a widely available star catalog. This is also commonly called "Infinitys Shore".
- Infinitys Shore refers directly to a 3V science fiction series popular within the Distant Fringe, in which the plucky human heroes of Lon Beon regularly thwart the evil machinations of the Empire of Thrax. The show draws heavily on the data presented in Stars of the Rim, lending it a strong air of credence.
Empty Stars Sectors
- Archos Sector; Celeste Sector; Coro Sector; Denison Sector; Hirada Sector; Jontell Sector; Kineda Sector; Lon Beon Sector; Lucent Sector; Magister Sector; Murian Sector; Mycene Sector; Navarre Sector; Orsen Sector; Palladian Sector; Reikan Sector; Remoran Sector; Suluru Sector; Thrax Sector; and Ulund Sector.
Great Void Sectors
- Denison Sector, Quell Sector, Wayland Sector and Yearn Sector lie within the Great Void. They are considered to be part of the Empty Stars and are included in Stars of the Rim.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science