A Star Lane is any major interstellar trade or transit route of the Distant Fringe.
Star Lanes are chains of stars that can be followed by vessels equipped with jump-2 DeVoss drives. They link areas that are economically productive, and most Star Lanes see very high volumes of traffic.
- The systems that they pass through are generally thriving and developing.
- Transport and Logistics companies ply their trade along them, operating huge commercial starships and carrying vast amounts of cargo.
- Security organisations provide commercial fleet escort services to vessels travelling along Star Lanes.
Most Clusters of stars are occupied by interstellar Polities.
- Most Polities subsidise internal trade. Some Star Lanes cross through clusters, but most circumvent them.
- Clusters are frequently served by cost-efficient jump-1 vessels.
- The less developed systems lying on Star Lanes are often served by Gas Traders and the Recovery Trade. They may occasionally see the appearance of a Nomad Port, particularly if the world produces a seasonal commodity.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
Star Lane Network
Between Halcyon and Far Home Sectors
- Scybrian Run: Linking the Firstworlds with the High Senate.
- Wolfs Tail: Connecting the commercial centers of Wolf and Kuyt.
- Rasand Link: Joining Rasand, the Esaran Cultural Area and the commercial center of Nexus.
- Elemid Trace: Linking heavily populated Elemid with the commercial center of Nexus.
- Long Line: Linking the Bright Conclave with the commercial center of Nexus.
- Barabek Loop: Connecting the commercial centers of Nexus and Wolf.
- Runners Edge: Linking the worlds of the High Senate with the markets of the Unity of Sed.
Far Home Sector
- Kuyt Chain: Linking Maujen with Mar Isher and the commercial center of Kuyt.
- Void Edge: Joining Ras Tennol with the worlds of the Pador-Aredian Cluster.
- Outland Run: Joining the commercial center at Ras Tennol with Sudi Verisia, J'Lai Edur and the worlds of Course Sector.
- Spinward Drift: Linking the commercial centers of Kuyt and Saldazar.
- The Descent: Originating at Saldazar and carrying supplies and troops to (and casualties from) the Hell Worlds.
- New Border: Linking both the Protectorate of Leset and the Worlds of The Leader with the commercial center at Ras Tennol.
The "Missing Link"
- Missing Link: joining the commercial centers of Tal Varisa and Ras Tennol.
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science