- Please also see: Alternative FTL Drive
Jump Gates are important alternate FTL routes to the stars, but the jump drive is more flexible and is near universally employed throughout Charted Space.
Naturally-occurring Jump Gates
Naturally occurring jump gates are known as:
- FTL Tunnels
- Jump Tunnels
Other Types of Jump Gates
Sophont-made jump gates and similar technologies include:
Starship-sized matter transport portals are unavailable at TL:13-15 and it is not believed that the technology will be available until the TL:19-27 Technological Period or perhaps at a more advanced, later age.
- It is believed that the Ancients and possibly other precursor sophont species possessed this technology.
- The only jump gates found in Charted Space are artifacts, left from other, more advanced civilizations or...
- They are independently developed technologies developed within Charted Space.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), TBD.
- Marc Miller. Referee's Manual (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), TBD.
- Gregg Giles. Security Leak 03 (Gregg Giles, 1988), TBD.
- Jae Campbell, Leighton Piper. Signal-GK 01 (Signal-GK, 1989), TBD.
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Fire, Fusion, & Steel (Game Designers Workshop, 1994), TBD.
- David Burden, Andy Lilly. Long Way Home (Imperium Games, 1997), TBD.
- Gareth Hanrahan. Mongoose Traveller Main Rulebook (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), TBD.
- Gareth Hanrahan, Dom Mooney. High Guard (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), TBD.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), TBD.
- Matthew Sprange. High Guard (Mongoose Publishing, 2016), TBD.
- Matthew Sprange. Core Rule Book (Mongoose Publishing, 2017), TBD.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science