St. George (RD 2616) (world)
This is a world-system under construction and is currently being input-programmed into the Traveller RPG Wiki.
|St. George/Nightrim (Reaver's Deep 2616)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||F1 V M2 V|
- As an industrial world, this planet has well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. Manufactured goods are a major export item.
- Its economy is rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to rapidly improve barring outside forces.
- The world serves as the subsector capital with the significant extra trade and prestige associated with that role..
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Nightrim Subsector of Reaver's Deep Sector in the Domain of Ilelish.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- Please note that there are multiple worlds with this name.
- Please see St. George (world) for more information.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Binary Solar System
St. George (RD 2616) Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks St. George (RD 2616) Primary Primary Yellow-White F1 V None St. George (RD 2616) Companion Secondary Red M2 V None
History & Background (Dossier)
Native Lifeform: Saint George's Dragon
The dominant native animal of St. George is, of course, a "dragon." Lizard-like in appearance but bearing live young, these feisty animals can spit a fluid that catches fire in the hydrogen atmosphere of the planet. The resemblance was too good to pass up for the original colonists, one of whom fancied himself an expert on ancient Terran legends.
Non-canon: With a mean surface temperature of -5°Celsius and a heavy volcanic sulphur taint St George is far from being a tourist destination.
- Much of the 35 billion population of the system is housed in orbital complexes, safe from the insidious sulphuric atmosphere.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- J. Andrew Keith. Far Traveller 1 (FASA, 1982), TBD.
- Dale Kemper. Far Traveller 2 (FASA, 1983), TBD.
- Jim Cunningham, John Harshman, J. Andrew Keith, Marc W. Miller, Gordon Sheridan. Atlas of the Imperium (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman. Aslan (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), TBD. (named but no further data)
- William H. Keith Jr.. Duneraiders (Gamelords, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith. Ascent to Anekthor (Gamelords, 1984), TBD.
- J. Andrew Keith. Pilot's Guide to the Drexilthar Subsector (Gamelords, 1984), TBD. (data-generated)
- J. Andrew Keith. Escape (Marischal Adventures, 1987), TBD.
- Gary L. Thomas. The Travellers' Digest 16 (Digest Group Publications, 1989), TBD.
- James Holden, Joe D. Fugate Sr., Terrance McInnes. Vilani & Vargr (Digest Group Publications, 1990), TBD. (dot map provided)
- Peter G. Celella, James Holden. Solomani & Aslan (Digest Group Publications, 1991), TBD. (dot map provided)
- Loren Wiseman. Challenge 54 (Game Designers' Workshop, 1991), 20.
- Kevin Knight. "Pilot's Guide to the Caledon Subsector." Traveller Chronicle 05 (1994): TBD.
- Kevin Knight. Traveller Chronicle 06 (Sword of the Knight Publications, 1994), TBD.
- Kevin Knight. "A Pilot's Guide to the Caledon Subsector." Traveller Chronicle 07 (1995): TBD.
- William H. Keith Jr., J. Andrew Keith. Scam (Cargonaut Press, 1998), TBD.
- Paul Sanders, J. Andrew Keith. Reaver's Deep Sector Sourcebook (Cargonaut Press, 1998), TBD.
- Steve Jackson, Loren Wiseman. Alien Races 4 (Steve Jackson Games, 2001), TBD.
- Brett Kruger. Into the Deep 4 (BKP, 2011), TBD.
- EXTERNAL LINK: Into the Deep #1 Link
- EXTERNAL LINK: Archive.org RingSurf Reavers' Deep Net Ring by Author & Contributor: Keven R. Pittsinger of the RingSurf Reavers' Deep Net Ring
- EXTERNAL LINK: Caledon Subsector - Jimmy Simpson
- EXTERNAL LINK: Non-Canon Traveller Library (defunct)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Mitchberg
- Author & Contributor: IISS Junior Administrator and Master Astrographer Ensign Phillips
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science