St. George (RD 2616) (world)
|St. George/Nightrim (Reaver's Deep 2616)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|Primary||F1 V M2 V|
- As an industrial world, this planet has well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. Manufactured goods are a major export item.
- Its economy is rapidly growing and living conditions are expected to rapidly improve barring outside forces.
- The world serves as the subsector capital.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Nightrim Subsector of Reaver's Deep Sector in the Domain of Ilelish.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- Please note that there are multiple worlds with this name.
- Please see St. George (world) for more information.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
St. George (RD 2616) Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks St. George (RD 2616) Primary Primary Yellow-White F1 V St. George (RD 2616) Companion Secondary Red M2 V
History & Background (Dossier)
Native Lifeform: Saint George's Dragon
The dominant native animal of St. George is, of course, a "dragon." Lizard-like in appearance but bearing live young, these feisty animals can spit a fluid that catches fire in the hydrogen atmosphere of the planet. The resemblance was too good to pass up for the original colonists, one of whom fancied himself an expert on ancient Terran legends.
Non-canon: With a mean surface temperature of -5°Celsius and a heavy volcanic sulphur taint St George is far from being a tourist destination.
- Much of the 35 billion population of the system is housed in orbital complexes, safe from the insidious sulphuric atmosphere.