The Spark Nebula is a relatively small luminous nebula lying close to The Rift, within the coreward part of the Infinitys Shore region, and measuring around 3 parsecs coreward-rimward by 4 parsecs spinward-trailing.
- It is classified as an emission nebula and is primarily formed of ionized gases, thrown off by the giant stars at its center many millennia ago.
- The gases consist of about 90% hydrogen, with the remainder made up of helium, oxygen, nitrogen, and other elements. The clouds have a mean density of 102–106 particles/cm³.
- The gases primarily emit red light, though other colors can be seen: the source of ionization is high-energy photons emitted from the central stars.
A quaternary star system lies at its core:
Quaternary Solar System
Spark Quaternary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Spark Primary Primary Yellow-White F2 II None Spark Companion Secondary Red M6 V Orbits primary at 0.7 AU Spark Far Companion Tertiary Yellow G7 III Orbits primary at 150 AU Spark Distant Companion Quaternary Orange K0 V Orbits Tertiary at 2.8 AU
The Spark Nebula was charted and named sometime prior to 2255AD, by long-range scans performed by the Last Armada.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: WHULorigan
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science