Society for the Sovereignty of Man Over Machine
The Society for the Sovereignty of Man Over Machine is a techno-phobic organization with religious tenets.
- They have been likened to the Solomani Luddite movement of Terra's past history.
The Society for the Sovereignty of Man Over Machine (SSMM), popular on many worlds in the Solomani Rim area, preaches the importance of the individual human over the capabilities of man-made artifacts.
Individual chapters of the group, while adhering to this basic premise, vary greatly in their implementation of it.
- On some worlds, the SSMM is militantly anti-technology, practicing a primitive terrorism against scientific targets.
- On other worlds, it is little more than a think tank, a motley collection of dissatisfied failures who cry out against a supposed loss of man's spiritual nature in the face of the mechanical juggernaut.
No information yet available.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
World Listing: 1105
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- MegaTraveller Alien - Solomani & Aslan
- EXTERNAL LINK: Seeman Library (Defunct)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science