- 1 Portfolio
- 2 History & Background
- 3 References & Contributors / Sources
Société Bénéfique is considered to be a part of the Banking, Insurance, and Legal Business Sector. It operates throughout the Distant Fringe, though its interest is strongest in the rimward parts of Halcyon Sector. It is involved with finance and economics of all kinds.
- Asset allocation, asset management.
- Bond trading, commodity trading, equities trading, investment and stock portfolios.
- Brokerage services, capital market services, investment management and retail brokerage.
- Commercial banking, corporate banking, investment banking and retail banking.
- Conglomeration services, debt resolution, and mediation and advisory services.
- Futures and options trading, stock trading.
- Mortgages, mortgage loans and underwriting.
- Risk management, finance and insurance, venture capital.
- Treasury and security services, remittance services.
Governance & Organization
Société Bénéfique is governed by a President and a Board of Trustees. It is run by a Executive President, Senior Executive Officers and Bureau Directors. It has an extensive Records Bureau, an Internal Audit Department, a large Legal Bureau, a Sophont Resources Bureau, a very large Public Relations Bureau, and a large Internal Security Bureau.
The head office is located on Wolf, a major commercial and industrial center in the rimward part of Halcyon Sector. As well as the main administrative complexes its headquarters includes corporate retreats and spa complexes, executive villas, and large private estates with associated recreational facilities where business may be undertaken in complete privacy. The company controls a number of private spaceport facilities on the world.
- Bénéfique Financial Services
- Finance Management Division
- Investment Banking Division
- Private Banking Division
- Securities Division
- Long Advantage Investments – 25%,
- "Fives" families – 23%,
- Palodine Holdings – 17%,
- Private ownership – 15%,
- Bullen Ross Schneider – 9%,
- Vargel Insell – 6%,
- Younger Stock Investments – 5%.
- Banque d'épargne (an interstellar bank that provides consumer banking)
- Bénéfique Direct (an investment bank focused on mergers & acquisitions).
- Entreprise Sociale (an interstellar bank that provides commercial banking)
- BioProduktie GmbH (based at Denirad). 11% stock ownership.
- General Robotics Corporation (based at Tal Varisa). 8% stock ownership.
- Harada Solutions Ltd. (based at Kuyt). 7% stock ownership.
- Marchand et Bernard SA (based at Wolf). 15% stock ownership.
- Midion Prime Industries (based at Selasia). 7% stock ownership.
- Mortall Brothers Ltd. (based at Tal Varisa). 4% stock ownership.
- Verrell Aerospace (based at Nexus). 6% stock ownership.
- Winkel De Vries BV (based at Salatho). 9% stock ownership.
The company maintains Regional Head Offices, administrative centers, prime real estate, secure properties and compounds, holding facilities, heavily protected vaults and secure areas, ancillary facilities, commercial premises and large private estates on worlds across the region. It holds substantial amounts of vehicles, supplies, and the supporting equipment and technology necessary to maintain operations. These assets and holdings are protected by Société Bénéfique's highly trained and superbly equipped security. It vigorously pursues those who cross its interests.
- Société Bénéfique holds deposits and vault cash, reserves, loans including interest from consumer and business loans, rights, and investments and securities.
- It has a corporate fleet of light transport vessels and private armed escort craft.
History & Background
The organisation was founded by a consortium of financial interests on Wolf in the early years of the 52nd century.
Société Bénéfique makes much of its ethical banking practises and has a focus on sustainability. It deals with organisations that are making a positive social, environmental or cultural impact.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science