|Sloethu/Shallows (Dagudashaag 0520)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Sloethu is a nonindustrial water world, which has 90% or more of its surface covered in an ocean of water.
- The inhabitants of this world live on the roughly 10% of exposed land mass, in underwater colonies, on city ships, or similar arrangements.
- As a nonindustrial world, it requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. The need to import most manufactured and high technology goods drives the price of these goods up in the open market.
- It is a main world which is a satellite of either a gas giant or another world.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Shallows Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector in the Domain of Vland.
- This world contains an Imperial Scout Base, capable of handling IISS starships and personnel.
Sloethu is the inner satellite of a Denerta, a large gas giant. The planet is covered by an ocean of ice tens of kilometers deep. Below the ice a combination of pressure, salinity, and heat from geothermal activity create liquid water. The glaciers and ice floes are constantly moving, buckling, and folding into ridges. in places chains of volcanic peaks protrude above the ice, and on the largest is Pelisad, the world's starport·city.
The Sloethu system contains unusually high concentrations of meteoric and cometary debris, and many of the bodies pass through Denerta's orbit. As yet there have been no major impacts on the world, although scientists are monitoring a massive body named Icarus and predict an eighty percent chance that it will hit the gas giant or one of its moons sometime in the early 1130s.
History & Background (Dossier)
The colony has a long history of scientific research, specializing in life support systems.
- The life support systems in Pelisad uses a combination of mechanical and bioengineering organic technology.