From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
- Since civilizations that use such ships generally have limited means and technology for producing NAFAL starships, most are used for colonization purposes.
A ship containing a full complement of personnel intended to make a sub-light journey across space.
- Since such journeys take years, or even decades, the passengers, and sometimes the crew are put into lo-berths/hibernation for the duration of the journey.
- Such ships are smaller than Generation Ships, where the passengers and crew live full lives during the journey.
- The two terms Sleeper Ship and Generation Ship are often, incorrectly, interchanged and used to refer to either type of ship.
The following species are known to use, have used, or posses the technology to manufacture sleeper ships:
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), TBD.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science