The Aslan Clan is the primary cultural organization for Aslan sociopolitical expression.
- While the clan is the primary vehicle for Aslan sociopolitical expression, Aslan typically group clans into larger supra-political organizations such as the Tlaukhu.
- The Tlaukhu is the largest, most widespread and dominant of the Aslan supra-polities, but smaller institutions of widespread Aslan governance exist alongside the Tlaukhu.
- Smaller regional groupings also exist such as the Ya’soisthea Council.
- 1 Description (Specifications)
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 References & Contributors (Sources)
Clans can greatly vary in size from small groups of just a few dozen to groups many millions strong.
- No Aslan authority keeps a complete count of all clans with the Hierate, but it is believed that over 4,000 exist.
- Smaller clans, particularly those micro clans with less than a world in holdings are often not counted.
- It's very possibly for clan status and ranking to quickly change during times of conflict.
- And due to limitations of the speed of communications, news of clan status and ranking changes can take a long time to reach from one end of the Hierate to the other.
- However, the Aslan clan system, for the most part has provided great stability for the Aslan Hierate.
- Or, at the very least, the system has provided greater stability than existed before...
- Major clan in a Tlaukhu power bloc. (29) [8+ worlds] (AsT0 to AsT9)
- Please see table below for all twenty-nine members of the Tlaukhu.
- Major clan, unaffiliated and independent. (Many) [8+ worlds] (AsMw single multiple-world clan dominate)
- Major clan, as a vassal to a Tlaukhu major clan. (Many) [8+ worlds] (AsTv vassal clan dominate)
- Minor clan, as a vassal to a major clan. (Many) [2 to 7 worlds] (AsVc vassal clan dominate)
- Minor clan, unaffiliated and independent. (Many) [1 to 7 worlds] (NaAs Non-Aligned Clan Dominate)
- Micro clan, at the world dominance level. (Many) [1 world] (AsWc single one-clan dominate)
- Micro clan, on a split control world. (Many) [Less than 1 world] (AsSc split control)
- The "Unwanted", clanless Aslan. (Many) [Landless] (AsXX)
Clan World Holdings
- Tlaukhu block: Group of at least one major clan, and usually 2 to 5 major clans, with all vassals and associated allies.
- Major clan: 8 or more worlds
- Minor clan: 2 to 7 worlds
- Micro clan: 1 or less worlds
Imperial Aslan Clans
History & Background (Dossier)
As Aslan civilization grew, so did the complexity of its social organization. As early as the time of the Aslan Medieval Period, the Aslan Clan had become the dominant social institution. Increasing the social ties of the clan superceded what many other sophonts called nationalism. Honor-shame paradigms trumped conventional allegiances.
Clan relationships are traditionally judged in terms of dominance over one another:
- Master (greater power)
- Partner or Ally (roughly equal power)
- Vassal (lesser power)
Social organization is traditionally organized in increasingly larger groupings based upon kinship bonds, debts of honor, and other contractual obligations:
An Aslan Clan is composed of many prides, which is to say Aslan who have chosen to combine their fates. Partners.
An Aslan pride is composed of many families related by common history, fealty, and experience. Allies.
An Aslan family is composed of many genetically related individuals. Kin.
The 29 (Major Clans in Tlaukhu Blocs)
Tlaukhu Ranking & Power Blocks Clan Name Rank Bloc Aiheilar 31 A3 Akatoiloh 22 A8 Aokhalte 12 A9 Eakhtiyho 05 A4 Eisohiyw 16 A0 Estoieie' 20 A1 Eteawyolei’ 13 A4 Faowaou 33 A6 Ferekhearl 23 A0 Fteweyeakh 27 A4 Hlyueawi 06 A5 Hrawoao 15 A0 Ikhtealyo 10 A7 Isoitiyro 17 A5 Iykyasea 21 A6 Khaukheairl 02 A1 Ouokhoi 32 A9 Riyhalaei 34 A3 Sahao’ 25 A9 Seieakh 11 A8 Syoisuis 03 A2 Tlerlearlyo 24 A7 Toaseilwi 26 A1 Tralyeaeawi 04 A3 Uiktawa 07 A6 We’okurir 35 A8 Yerlyaruiwo 01 A0 Yetahikh 30 A7 Yulraleh Eisohiyw 14 A3
Please note that the Aslan use a Base-8 system of mathematics so some of the numbers of a Base-10 numerical system are not used.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Classic Traveller Alien Realms (pg. 7)
- J. Andrew Keith, Marc Miller, John Harshman. Aslan (Game Designers Workshop, 1984), . 1 (pg 35)
- MegaTraveller Alien - Solomani & Aslan (pgs. 47-49, 54, 61 & 63)
- MegaTraveller Traveller's Digest 18 (pgs. 35-36)
- MegaTraveller Traveller's Digest 19
- MegaTraveller Traveller's Digest 20
- TNE The Regency Sourcebook
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science