|Army size (BEs)||0|
|World Trade Number||3|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||0|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||0|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Silk supports a population of fewer than 10,000 sophonts. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Sapphyre Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector and in the Domain of Vland. Silk, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a member of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. This world contains an Imperial Scout Base, capable of handling Scout Service starships and personnel.
Astrography and planetology
No information yet available.
Silk Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Silk Primary Primary Orange K9 V
Native Lifeforms: Tao'l Spider
Silk is primarily know for its exported Tao'l-silk. This brightly colored silk-like cloth is produced already patterned by generically altered three-meter long Tao'l Spiders. Each Tao'l spider has been specifically bred to produce particular patterns. Each spider will produce the same pattern throughout their life. They can produce up to 75 square centimeters square of cloth per day, weaving their single thread with each of their 800 minor legs.
A spider producing a successful pattern can sell for up to MCr2.5, since each spider can lay up to 8,000 eggs during their lifespan, each hatching also producing the same pattern as their mother.
History and background
The only settlement of Silk is on the edge of the Q'habora Sea with most of the building built over water. This has the city with a network of canals for local transport.
The world is ruled by five ruling clans, collectively know as Lao. Each clan is independent of each other and has absolute power over their indentured servants, and collection of Tao'l spiders, who must rely on their ruling family for everything.
Visitors to Silk should note their is no extraility, and must swear a temporary allegiance to one or another of the Clans in order to buy food, lodgings, or anything else from their host.
Imperial High Nobility
Silk has a routine quality starport.
- A Class-C Starport Facility has minimal if any shipyards and can only perform extremely limited repair work.
- This facility has many very skilled personnel who can perform surprisingly sophisticated repair work despite the limited facilities.
- This facility has refueling infrastructure and limited refining capabilities. One may purchase unrefined fuel here.
- Starports of this class rarely have both a Lowport and a Highport.
World Technology Level
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Fiber optics and satellite communication and data networks.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Early fusion power.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
- Land: Ultra high-speed trains and early grav vehicles.
- Water: High efficiency sailcraft, multihulled seacraft, improved artificial gears.
- Air: Tiltrotorcraft, exotic VTOL's, PARWIG, and rocket-assisted suborbitals.
- Space: SSTO spacecraft, early military spacecraft, and interstellar STL starships
- FTL: Prototype Jump Drive-1.
Silk has a Balkanized government.
- No central ruling authority exists. Rival governments compete for control.
- The typical power source of this government is a Balkanization.
- The typical power structure of this government is a Confederation (Anarchy).