|Primary||G4 V M1 V M1 V|
|Government||Company or Corporation|
|Law Level||No law|
|Army size (BEs)||1|
|World Trade Number||4|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||3,787|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||0|
|Port passengers (annual)||500|
Shirene is an agricultural, nonindustrial, pre-rich world with a growing agro-economy, but still lacks an adequate population to expand its economy to a rich status.
- As an agricultural world, this world is a near-ideal environment for producing quality foodstuffs of plant, animal, and other forms. Quality foodstuffs are a major export commodity for this world.
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society. Having to import most manufactured and high tech goods drives the price up for these items at this world.
- This world has promising economic future although it needs to recruit a labor force in order to achieve the desired prosperity. This world is designated an Amber Zone with an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions make it dangerous to visitors. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Lunion Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Domain of Deneb. Shirene , as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a baronet, and the fiefdom of a baron. All three are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. This world contains an Imperial Scout Base, capable of handling Scout Service starships and personnel.
|Army size (BEs)||12|
|World Trade Number||4|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||6,737|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||1,700|
|Port passengers (annual)||503,300|
Era: New Era
Shirene is a rich and agricultural production world with a shirt-sleeve atmosphere and a balance of available surface water. The system supports a population in the millions, lacking the industrial base to be completely self-supporting. This world is designated an Amber Zone with an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions make it dangerous to visitors. It is a member of Regency of Deneb in the Lunion Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector. This world contains a Regency Scout Base, capable of handling Scout Service starships and personnel.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Shirene is a chilly agricultural planet.
The bright supergiant star Deneb is visible in Shirene's sky even during the daytime.
Trinary Solar System
Shirene Trinary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Notes Shirene Primary Primary Yellow G4 V Shirene Companion Secondary Red M1 V Shirene Far Companion Tertiary Red M1 V
History & Background (Dossier)
Shirene is wholly owned by the Al Morai merchant line. The world was originally discovered, claimed, and developed by the Exploration Division of Al Morai to supplement its cargo carriers, and Al Morai continues to use Shirene as a base of operations and a source of merchant goods. Large tracts of undeveloped land are reserved for outdoor recreation for the ship crews.
The Democractic Government in Exile of Rabwhar (DGER) is based on Shirene, and as of 1105 still claims to be the legitimate rulers of Rabwhar, though the organization has largely degenerated into a band of pirates and raiders.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches (Game Designers Workshop, 1979), .
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), .
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), .
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 46.
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 93.