|Army size (BEs)||1|
|World Trade Number||3.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||1,142|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||0|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Shidu is an agricultural world with an ideal environment for producing food from plants, animals, or other forms. The system has a population in the hundreds of thousands of sophonts. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Old Suns Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector and in the Domain of Vland. Shidu, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a baronet, and the fiefdom of a baron. All three are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. This world contains an Imperial Scout Base, capable of handling Scout Service starships and personnel. During the Long Night this world was named Nipe.
Astrography and planetology
No information yet available.
Shidu Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Shidu Primary Primary Red M0 V
History and background
Shidu, as well as being one of the major agricultural producers in the region, is considered to be one of the best examples of Lancian culture in the whole subsector and its arts are renowned throughout Dagudashaag for their fresh individualistic approach.
Unfortunately this renaissance has not been without a price - too many local youth, captivated by the wealth being made by successful artists, are leaving their traditional agricultural lifestyle and flooding the art colleges with their often mediocre talent. Not only has this saturated the market with inferior art but many of the plantations now have too few workers to properly cultivate the land.
Imperial High / Landed Nobility
- It holds the estate of an Imperial knight.
- It holds the estate of an Imperial baronet.
- It holds the estate of an Imperial baron.
Shidu has a routine quality starport.
- A Class-C Starport Facility has minimal if any shipyards and can only perform extremely limited repair work.
- This facility has many very skilled personnel who can perform surprisingly sophisticated repair work despite the limited facilities.
- This facility has refueling infrastructure and limited refining capabilities. One may purchase unrefined fuel here.
- Starports of this class rarely have both a Lowport and a Highport.
World Technology Level
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Fiber optics and satellite communication and data networks.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Early fusion power.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
- Land: Ultra high-speed trains and early grav vehicles.
- Water: High efficiency sailcraft, multihulled seacraft, improved artificial gears.
- Air: Tiltrotorcraft, exotic VTOL's, PARWIG, and rocket-assisted suborbitals.
- Space: SSTO spacecraft, early military spacecraft, and interstellar STL starships
- FTL: Prototype Jump Drive-1.
Shidu has a Self-Perpetuating Oligarchy government.
- It is a government by a restricted minority, with little or no input from the masses.
- The typical power source of this government is an Oligarchy.
- The typical power structure of this government is a Hegemony.
References and contributors
- Jae Campbell. "Library Data: Old Suns." Signal-GK 4 (1992): 50. via HIWG
- Marc Miller. First Survey (Imperium Games, 1996), 79.
- Stuart L. Dollar, Joseph E. Walsh. Psionic Institutes (Imperium Games, 1997), 8.
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science