|Primary||M2 V M8 V|
|Army size (BEs)||20|
|World Trade Number||3|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||0|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||51,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Shaida is a poor, non-agricultural, preindustrial hellworld.
- The inhabitants of this world struggle to survive in the life-threatening environment of a desert hellworld.
- The world is a preindustrial one, which cannot produce adequate materials to maintain a modern, star-faring society. These items must be imported at considerable cost.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Sapphyre Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector and in the Domain of Vland. Shaida, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight and the feifdom of a marquis. Both are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. 10% of the world's population is the Minor Race Chirper.
- During the Long Night this world was named Pikaa.
Astrography and planetology
Shadia is the first world on the Silk Road Branch of the Dagudashaag Main. As four of the five worlds to trailing have a total population of less than 100 thousand, the volume of trade through the system is small and the main world has only rudimentary starport facilities.
Binary Solar System
Shaida Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Shaida Primary Primary Red M2 V Shaida Companion Secondary Red M8 V
With a harsh sub-zero climate Shaida was colonized as the most habitable base to exploit the system's five sparse planetoid belts. Prospecting in fusion-rocket seekers, the large belter community supports the majority of the population.
The families of the belters can be identified by their common use of surgically implanted respirators. Given the dangerous nature of the prospecting cybernetic prosthetic are common and cyborgs are easily accepted.
History and background
In addition to the predominantly human inhabitants there are 2.6 million chirpers on Shaida. Imported centuries before as slave labor, most chirpers today tend hydroponic farms, providing the bulk of Shaida's food needs. Although not citizens chirpers are well treated.
Imperial High Nobility
Shaida has a frontier quality starport.
- A Class-E Starport Facility is a very limited facility.
- This facility has no shipyard and can only perform extremely limited repair work at best.
- This facility has refueling infrastructure and limited refining capabilities. One may purchase unrefined fuel here.
- Starports of this class are usually a Lowport and a Highport would almost never be found.
World Technology Level
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Early video and early satellite communication networks.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Early fuel cells, solar energy, and geothermal power sources.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
- Land: Improved automobiles, hovercraft, and bullet trains.
- Water: Hydrofoils and early triphibians.
- Air: Hang gliders and supersonic jets.
- Space: Deep space probes and interplanetary spacecraft.
Shaida has a Representative Democracy government.
- It is a government by elected representatives.
- The typical power source of this government is a Republic.
- The typical power structure of this government is a Unitary State .
References and contributors
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|