Sha'a class Destroyer
|Sha'a class Destroyer|
|Type: DD Destroyer|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Sha'a class Destroyer is a light warship.
Designed and built for the Sath Alliance Military Forces. These ships operate within the Far Home Sector. The TL–11 hulls have jump 2 drives and can be carried by various classes of fleet tenders and carriers in place of Ch'kaahi Class Battle Riders for extended range strikes outside Sath Alliance territory. They carry enough internal fuel for two range 2 jumps, and carry drop tanks with 28 days of power plant fuel and an additional jump 2 as needed. There are currently three of these vessels in service with the Ik'sath (world) fleet.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
- Tonnage: 1,000 tons (standard), 14,000 cubic meters.
- Crew: 5 officers, 14 ratings
- Performance: Jump 2. 6G acceleration. Power plant-7. 70 EP. Agility 5.
- Electronics: (2) Model 5/fib computer.
- Hardpoints/Armament: Two triple pulse laser turrets, two dual plasma gun turrets and four triple missile turrets.
- Defenses: Two triple sand caster turrets in a single battery.
- Craft: No small craft
- Fuel Treatment: Fuel scoops with fuel purification plant
- Cost: MCr 1,122.813 standard. MCr 898.25 in quantity.
- Construction Time: 120 weeks standard. 96 weeks in quantity.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/TBD fib computer.|
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||No information yet available.|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
No information yet available.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type DD class Destroyer
- Sha'a class Destroyer
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science