The role of Service Crew member is a professional vocation.
- Service Crew serve as members of a ship's crew
- An individual must have an appropriate qualification (skill) to perform the role.
Service crew are crew members who provide basic services, including shops and storage, security (especially if there are no ship's troops aboard), maintenance, food service, and other operations. Normal crew requirements are two service crew per 1000 Tons of ship; three service crew per 1000 Tons if there are no ship's troops.
Service crew may function in janitorial roles, often working with the ship's Stewards to perform tasks such as cleaning and laundry. They operate alongside the Engineering staff undertaking many routine maintenance and repair duties
An individual serving as Service Crew generally holds one or more technical Certificates:
- Level 1 (Qualified)
- Level 2 (Competent)
- Level 3 (Experienced / Expert)
- Level 4 or more (Master)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Classic Traveller Book 5 High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980)
- MegaTraveller core books (Game Designers Workshop, 1987)
- The Traveller's Handbook Traveller D20 (QuikLink Interactive, 2002)
- T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science