Sentry class System Defense Boat
|Sentry class System Defense Boat|
|Type: HSDB System Defense Boat|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Passengers||5 High/Med 0 Low|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
The Sentry class System Defense Boat is a venerable, but still competitive warship.
The laser-only weapons package reflects an emphasis on reduced logistical requirements; missile resupply problems cannot affect the Sentry's offensive punch.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months.|
The Sentry class System Defense Boats were first built by a technical consortium on Dingir, prior to its re-absorption into the Third Imperium. An official IDP (Imperial data package) design since 434, vessels of this class may be found In planetary navies of this tech level throughout the Imperium and beyond.
Selected Variant Classes
- Type SB class System Defense Boat
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Periodical: Jumpspace 4
- Assignment: Vigilante
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science