Scouts & Assassins
|Scouts & Assassins|
Scouts and Assassins
|Author||Donald P. Rapp|
|Dedicated to Andrew J. Offut.|
|Table of Contents|
Contains an expanded character generation system for Scouts, deck plans for the Serpent class Scout vessel, an alternative mechanism for dealing with failed survival rolls, and a basic character generation system for Assassins.
- It also features a short paragraph or two about scout decorations (medals) and the Scout Service Insignia, a special belt buckle like device with an advanced identification transponder, and a shaped charge explosive.
- The assassins had a parallel organization similar to the IISS called the Assassin's Guild (AG).
Table of Contents
|Scouting for Adventure||1|
|Serpent class Scout Plans||Looseleaf|
|Unfit for Service||7|
|The Assassin in Traveller||8|
Selected Goods & Gear
Meta-history & Background (Dossier)
It's an extremely short book with only 9 pages.
- It also features an explicit authorization as approved for play with Traveller by Marc Miller.
- The cover featured a slab-like transport gravcraft similar to the Judges Guild Laser Tank, a high-flying air/raft, and a scout in battledress.
Differences between the First and Second Editions:
- The First Edition cover is significantly different. No Paranoia Press banner or logo, a different illustration, and a price of $3 in the upper right corner.
- In the First Edition, the letter from Marc Miller has a red stripe on it, the Second Edition is monochrome.
- The credits page is relocated to before the Marc Miller letter in the First Edition and has a different mailing address.
- The Scout Service Insignia preceding page 1 in the Second Edition is not included in the First Edition.
- There are major differences in the Scout and Assassin character generation systems, as well as in the Unfit for Service survival resolution system.
- The illustration on page 7 is different and credited to Gregg Bender in the First Edition, Steve Eden in the Second Edition.
- The Type "S" Scoutship Serpent Class deckplan is monochrome with a 1979 date in the First Edition, two color with a 1981 date in the Second Edition.
- The First Edition includes a two color Delta Research booklet with company information, details of the Serpent class Scoutship, a list of all Serpent class ships built, and a TAS Form-2 for the founder of Delta Research, "Storm".
Credits (Primary Sources)
- EXTERNAL LINK: RPG GEEK entry
References & Contributions (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|