|Also see||Human Chimera|
|Homeworld||Akiva (Dagudashaag 0935)|
|Language||Unknown Native Language|
|Reference||Signal-GK 01 4-11.|
|Status||Human Chimera, Minor Race|
The Scanians are a technologically sophisticated sophont species.
Physiology and environment
Scanians were genetically engineered by a Solomani genetic engineering company from normal human stock in order to allow colonisation of high gravity, water worlds. A Scanian male will average 1.8m in height and weighs approximately 80 kilograms. A female averages about 1.6m and 68 kilograms. Height-to-weight ratio for males is 45 kg per metre thereby increasing muscular capacity. The Solomani geneers decided to use a planet in the Dagudashaag sector , which they called Gaea, for their experimentation. To endure the intense cold, high gravity and effects of the sea they altered the colonists’ genes to create a number of mutations.
History & Background (Dossier)
No information yet available.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This race (sophont species) is primarily located in the following areas:
The homeworld of this race (sophontic species) is:
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Jae Campbell. "Contact: The Scania." Signal-GK 01 (1989): 4-11.
- Alien Realms Volume 2, Issue 3. (1992): 1-7 via HIWG Jae Campbell, "Contact: The Scania".
- David Burden, Andy Lilly. Long Way Home (Imperium Games, 1997), 58-59.
- Jae Campbell. Encyclopaedia Dagudashaag (Signal-GK, 2017), 306.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science