|No. of Stars||13|
|Majority Control||Sath Alliance (SaAl) - 69%|
|2nd Control||Sath exploration (SaXX) - 31%|
- 1 Description / Specifications
- 2 Physical Astrography
- 3 Political Astrography
- 4 History & Background
- 5 References & Contributors / Sources
Description / Specifications
Sath Subsector lies within Far Home Sector and is named for the Sath, a minor sophont species native to Ch'kaahi, within the K'shek Cluster. The rimward edge of the Subsector lies within the Crown of the Void region of the Great Void, while its coreward-trailing edge is considered to lie within the Moat Rifts. It is dominated by the K'shek Cluster.
The following astrographic features can be found within this area:
Clusters & Traces
Rifts & Voids
Other Astrographic Features
- The Cauldron Nebula, lying within Cauldron Sector, some 86 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be seen as a star-studded luminous region in night-time skies from all of the worlds of the Subsector.
- Basilisk's Eye (1723 Tarchon Sector). The extremely luminous white supergiant star, lying around 129 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Subsector.
- Demon's Eye (1621 Far Home Sector). The intensely luminous blue supergiant star, dominating the coreward-trailing edge of the region, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Subsector even in daylight.
- Manjazar, the red bright giant primary star of the Sarudis system, Manusta, the red giant primary star of the Quistil system, and Intens, the white bright giant primary star of the Orret system, all lying along the coreward border of Sarudis Subsector, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Subsector. They are beacons marking the boundaries of a slumbering giant, one that should not yet be woken.
A Jump Bridge of considerable age gives Jump-1 vessels access to the Sha'a Cluster and the Chaiik system, the seat of the Issh’t’ka. A second much larger and far more modern Jump Bridge has been emplaced within the Great Void to open the systems of the Hak'tha Spread to conventional traffic:
- Tiirk'sch Waypoint (2536 Far Home)
- The Ith-Saa-Ka Waypoint, a large and heavily defended station located at (3038 Far Home)
Population: 13.274 billion Sophonts.
The following languages are the most commonly spoken within Sarudis Subsector:
- Asath. A Sath language, the primary language of the Shikh’aa Faction of the Sath Alliance.
- Kha’thak. A Sath language, the primary language of the Ka’sa and Khas'ahi Factions of the Sath Alliance.
The fractious Sath Alliance dominates the Subsector. The K'shek Cluster, the major part of its territory within the region, is held by the Shikh’aa Faction, while the Sha'a Cluster is divided between the Ka’sa Faction and their Khas'ahi allies. The Alliance is overseen by the aloof Issh't'ka, or Shadow Emperor, in whose name the Sath act.
The Shikh’aa Faction of the Sath Alliance see themselves as the elder members of the Alliance and are primarily neutral. They are focused on exploration into the empty and unexplored clusters of stars lying within the Moat Rifts and the Great Void. A great deal of their energy has gone into the construction of the Ith-Saa-Ka Waypoint and the emplacement of port facilities and infrastructure on previously barren worlds. Much of their military strength is arrayed against the Ka’sa and Khas'ahi Factions.
The Ka’sa and Khas'ahi Factions, primarily located within the Sha'a Cluster to spinward, are engaged in a violent and bloody war against humans in the Hell Worlds region. They launch large-scale offensives and raids into human territory within the rimward-trailing quadrant of the sector, particularly along the Star Lane known as The Descent. They vastly outnumber the human defenders but their technology is markedly inferior. Much of their military strength is arrayed against the Shikh’aa Faction.
Sath, subsector P of Far Home has 13 worlds, of which 9 have native gas giants. The estimated population for the subsector is 12 billion sophonts (not necessarily humans). There are two High population (Hi) worlds, one Moderate population (Ph) world, four Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, one Low population (Lo) world, and one Barren (Ba) world. There are two Agricultural (Ag) worlds versus one Pre-Agricultural (Pa) world, and two Non-Agricultural (Na) worlds. There are two Rich (Ri) worlds versus one Industrial (In) world. There is one Asteroid (As) belt, one Desert (De) world, one Garden (Ga) world, one Ice-capped (Ic) world, three Poor (Po) worlds, two Vacuum (Va) worlds, and one Water (Wa) or Ocean (Oc) world. There are no Naval bases in the subsector, no Scout bases, and no Way stations. The highest population world is Ch'kaahi (Far Home 2836). The highest tech level is B at Ch'kaahi (Far Home 2836) and Sshkih (Far Home 2837). The average technology level is 6 (with most between 1 and 10).
The Sath Alliance in Sath has jurisdiction over nine worlds with a population of 12 billion. The highest population world is Ch'kaahi (Far Home 2836). The highest tech level is B at Ch'kaahi (Far Home 2836) and Sshkih (Far Home 2837). The average technology level is 8 (with most between 5 and 10).
There are two unclaimed or unexplored systems in Sath.
The Sath Exploration in Sath has jurisdiction over two worlds with a population of less than 1 million.
History & Background
Sath Subsector saw some early activity by humans, but exploration was stifled by the policies of the Second Confederation. The Sath expanded into the region but suffered early setbacks. Their ongoing development was ended by the onset of the Dark Age. Almost all expansion and growth within the region is relatively modern, beginning during the Renaissance period and continuing until the present day.
Major Historical Events
- ca 150,000BCE Proto-Sath emerge on Ch'kaahi, their homeworld.
- ca 12000 BCE: first permnanent settlements founded. Origins of the Factions.
- ca 1500AD–2200AD: Global wars drive a period of technological advancement.
- 2255AD: Humans arrive in the Demon Cluster.
- 2325AD: Humans detect radio signals of Sath origin from the surface of Ch'kaahi.
- ca 2350AD: First human-Sath contact.
- 2468AD: The Jacent Incident. Beginning of the Sath Introspective Period.
- 2525AD: First independently produced Sath jump-capable ship.
- ca 2550 AD: First Sch'ikaa Waypoint becomes operational.
- ca 2600 AD: First Tiik'sch Waypoint becomes operational.
- 2657AD: Battle of Jacent.
- 3730AD: Voyagers arrive and devastate the Sector. The Dark Age begins.
- 4549AD: The Voyagers depart and the Dark Age ends.
- 4590AD: The Sath reemerge into space.
- ca 5100AD: Second Sch'ikaa Waypoint becomes operational.
- ca 5100AD: Second Tiik'sch Waypoint becomes operational.
- ca 5220AD: Sath STL probes are launched towards the Hak'tha Spread.
- 5338AD: Voyage of the Hiishiiha.
- ca 5450AD: Faction wars within the Sath Alliance: the Sath Diaspora.
- ca 5550AD: The Sath technological base advances to the point where they are able to produce their own jump-2 drives.
- 5590AD Construction of a permanent space station begins at the Ith-Saa-Ka Waypoint.
- 5596AD: The Sath occupy the Hell Worlds.
- 5599AD: Ith-Saa-Ka Waypoint becomes operational.
- 5600AD: Data for the K'shek Cluster is published in the DSP Listing.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science