|No. of Stars||14|
|Majority Control||Sath Alliance (SaAl) - 50%|
|2nd Control||Sath exploration (SaXX) - 22%|
|3rd Control||Non-aligned Human dominated (NaHu) - 22%|
|4th Control||Hell Worlds (HeWo) - 6%|
- 1 Description / Specifications
- 2 Physical Astrography
- 3 Political Astrography
- 4 History & Background
- 5 References & Contributors / Sources
Description / Specifications
Sarudis Subsector lies within Far Home Sector and is named for the Sarudis system and its red bright giant star. The trailing half of the Subsector is dominated by the Sha'a Cluster, part of the Sath Alliance, and the Hell Worlds, human-dominated systems occupied by the Sath. Its spinward and rimward regions are considered to lie within the Great Void and have been only partially explored, almost exclusively by the Sath. The Descent, a war-ravaged Star Lane, crosses the coreward edge of the Subsector carrying supplies and reinforcements to the Hell Worlds and evacuating casualties.
Clusters & Traces
Rifts & Voids
Other Astrographic Features
- The Cauldron Nebula, lying within Cauldron Sector, some 87 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be seen as a star-studded luminous region in night-time skies from all of the worlds of the Subsector.
- Basilisk's Eye (1723 Tarchon Sector). The extremely luminous white supergiant star, lying around 122 parsecs to coreward-trailing, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Subsector.
- Demon's Eye (1621 Far Home Sector). The intensely luminous blue supergiant star lying approximately 10 parsecs to spinward-coreward at its closest point, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Subsector even in daylight.
- Manjazar, the red bright giant primary star of the Sarudis system, Manusta, the red giant primary of the Quistil system, and Intens, the white bright giant primary star of the Orret system, all lying along the coreward border of the region, can be clearly seen from all of the worlds of the Subsector. They are beacons marking the way to new worlds and new frontiers.
The Descent Star Lane carries supplies, equipment and fresh troops to the battlefields of the Hell Worlds, while a steady stream of casualties and rotated units flows back. Bataco smuggling is a serious problem. Powerful Sath commerce raiders are active along its length.
Population: 8.844 billion Sophonts.
- Humaniti (Human races)
- Other Non-Human Races:
- Sath: 8.805 billion (99.56% of the population)
- Hoppers: an estimated 1.467 million "Distant" Hoppers (0.02% of the population) typically within human settlements. Most have never visited Fedan, their ancestral homeworld, and many have developed unique customs and habits.
- Temelik: approximately 45,000, found throughout human-controlled space.
The following languages are the most commonly spoken within Sarudis Subsector:
- Anglish The language of the Firstworlds. A direct descendant of Fleet Anglic, widely spoken throughout the Distant Fringe. Most people know a few words and phrases of Anglish.
- Padori. A direct descendant of Fleet Anglic, widely spoken within the Pador-Aredian cluster and common throughout the rimward half of Far Home Sector.
- Asath. A Sath language, the primary language of the Shikh’aa Faction of the Sath Alliance.
- Kha’thak. A Sath language, the primary language of the Ka’sa and Khas'ahi Factions of the Sath Alliance.
- The Hell Worlds, formerly neutral human-dominated systems, have been overrun by the Sath and are fighting for their lives.
- The fractious Sath Alliance dominates the Subsector. The Sha'a Cluster, the major part of its territory within the region, is divided between the Ka’sa Faction and their Khas'ahi allies and is overseen by the aloof Issh't'ka, or Shadow Emperor, in whose name the Sath act.
- The Ka’sa and Khas'ahi Factions are engaged in a violent and bloody war against humans in the Hell Worlds region. They launch large-scale offensives and raids into human territory within the rimward-trailing quadrant of the sector, particularly along the Star Lane known as The Descent. They vastly outnumber the human defenders but their technology is markedly inferior. Much of their military strength is arrayed against the Shikh’aa Faction.
- The outnumbered human defenders of the Hell Worlds stand against a tsunami of Sath invaders. They occupy the wildernesses and outback regions of their worlds, launching strikes and raids against the enemy then withdrawing into their fastnesses. They are strongly supported by offworld volunteer battalions, mercenary units, and StarMerc vessels, and receive large-scale financial and logistical support from sources such as Pador.
The powerful, industrialised world of Pador continues to expand its influence, having taken direct administrative control of a number of systems in the Pador-Aredian Cluster. It is pouring resources into the increasingly bitter fighting against the Sath in the Hell Worlds. Padoran warships may be encountered along The Descent Star Lane
Sarudis, subsector O of Far Home has 14 worlds, of which 11 have native gas giants. The estimated population for the subsector is 8 billion sophonts (not necessarily humans). There is one High population (Hi) world, no Moderate population (Ph) worlds, four Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, four Low population (Lo) worlds, and no Barren (Ba) worlds. There are three Agricultural (Ag) worlds versus no Pre-Agricultural (Pa) worlds, and one Non-Agricultural (Na) world. There are two Rich (Ri) worlds versus no Industrial (In) worlds. There is one Asteroid (As) belt, no Desert (De) worlds, two Garden (Ga) worlds, two Ice-capped (Ic) worlds, one Poor (Po) world, five Vacuum (Va) worlds, and no Water (Wa) or Ocean (Oc) worlds. There are no Naval bases in the subsector, no Scout bases, and no Way stations. The highest population world is Kaashik (Far Home 2433). The highest tech level is B at Sii'kha (Far Home 2136) and Ik'sath (Far Home 2333). The average technology level is 6 (with most between 2 and 9).
The Sath Alliance in Sarudis has jurisdiction over seven worlds with a population of 8 billion. The highest population world is Kaashik (Far Home 2433). The highest tech level is B at Sii'kha (Far Home 2136) and Ik'sath (Far Home 2333). The average technology level is 8 (with most between 5 and 10).
There are three unclaimed or unexplored systems in Sarudis.
The Non-Aligned Human-dominated worlds in Sarudis encompasses three worlds with a population of 30 million. The highest population world is Morrow (Far Home 2031). The highest tech level is 9 at Sarudis (Far Home 1932).
The Hell Worlds in Sarudis has jurisdiction over one world with a population of 8 million. The highest population world is Jacent (Far Home 2331). The highest tech level is A at Jacent (Far Home 2331).
History & Background
Sarudis Subsector saw some early activity by humans, particularly within the Sha'a Cluster, but exploration was stifled by the policies of the Second Confederation. The Sath expanded into the region but suffered early setbacks. Their ongoing development was ended by the onset of the Dark Age. Almost all expansion and growth within the region is relatively modern, beginning during the Renaissance period and continuing until the present day.
Major Historical Events Timeline
Some of the more important historical events that have affected this area include:
- 2255AD: The Last Armada arrives in the Demon Cluster.
- ca 2350AD: First human-Sath contact.
- 2468AD: The Jacent Incident. Beginning of the Sath Introspective Period.
- 2500AD: The monolithic and anti-expansionist Second Confederation is founded. Settlement within the Demon Cluster is restricted to its coreward regions: Sarudis Subsector remains largely unexplored and unpopulated.
- 2525AD: First independently produced Sath jump-capable ship.
- ca 2550 AD: First Sch'ikaa Waypoint becomes operational.
- ca 2600 AD: First Tiik'sch Waypoint becomes operational: large-scale settlement of the Sha'a Cluster begins.
- 2657AD: Battle of Jacent.
- ca 3400AD: A period of Sath expansion within the Subsector.
- 3730AD: The Voyagers arrive and devastate the Subsector. The Dark Age begins.
- 4549AD: The Voyagers depart and the Dark Age ends. The Renaissance sees the first steps back into space.
- 4590AD: The Sath reemerge into space.
- ca 4900AD: Golden Age. Space travel becomes relatively commonplace.
- ca 4980AD: Foundation of New Frontiers Development Organization: it opposes Sath expansion.
- ca 5000AD: A pirate coalition known as the Immortals are active, preying on New Frontiers interests.
- ca 5100AD: Second Sch'ikaa Waypoint becomes operational.
- ca 5100AD: Second Tiik'sch Waypoint becomes operational.
- ca 5300AD: The gradual fragmentation of New Frontiers leaves a number of powerful independent worlds within the region.
- 5344AD: Scybrian Wars begin.
- ca 5450AD: Civil war within the Sath Alliance: the Sath Diaspora.
- 5489AD: Scybrian Wars come to an end.
- ca 5550AD: The Sath technological base advances to the point where they are able to produce their own jump-2 drives.
- 5596AD: The Sath occupy the Hell Worlds.
- 5600AD: Data for Sarudis Subsector is published in the DSP Listing.
References & Contributors / Sources
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science