|Army Size (BEs)||300|
|World Trade Number||3.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||32|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||40,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Saeghvung has an ideal environment for producing agricultural goods and an balanced population between 10 and 100 million. It is a Vargr dominated Non-Aligned world in the Nisaga Subsector of Empty Quarter Sector.
- This world was once known as Black Pearl
Astrography and Planetology
No information yet available.
Saeghvung Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Saeghvung Primary Orange K4 V
History and Background
Coreward terminus of Saeghvung–Turley–Exile Run.
A beautiful world largely inhabited by impoverished and feral Vargr cultures, Saeghvung is civilized only in scattered TL 6 townships and the startown (and ‘planetary capital’) of Tzashgrouroerd. Tzashgrouroerd herself is only a hundred years old: all of the other towns are no older than four decades. The towns are supported by Vargr ‘racial uplift’ groups, who are attempting to kick–start the development of Saeghvung, to match the human worlds of Sahale (Empty Quarter 2227) and Turley (Empty Quarter 2523).
Pirate risk: As the end–point of the Saeghvung–Turley–Exile Run, aligned with neither the Imperium nor the Protectorate, and without any local system security force, the Vargr–dominated Saeghvung system is simply crawling with pirates. The Protectorate’s Star Legion has permanently stationed a small flotilla here, shepherding incoming traffic and racing to save misjumped starships before they are ripped apart by hungry raiders.
Also to be found here is a hard–bitten resident agent of Duke Yogesh, with up–to–date information on Cotan and Nisaga subsectors. He is sure to clear up rumors of vast pirates roaming the Hegemony: “Pirates? Ha For every pirate, there are five Star Legion ships looking to give him a bad day.” However, he does have some good advice for the PCs on how to deal with the few pirates in the region: “Never let them board your ship.” Fortunately, the pirates here tend to be low–tech (TL 9, and a few TL 10’s), and operate in ones or twos. Unfortunately, there are a ton of pirates in the gap between the Republic and the Hegemony…
UWP Changes (all dates are Imperial Calendar)
- T20 - 993 - Saeghvung 2618 D668724-6 Ag VargW 312 Na
- CT - 1105 - Saeghvung 2618 D668724-6 Ag VargW 412 Na
- MT - 1125 - Saeghvung 2618 D668724-6 Ag 412 Na
- TNE - 1201 - Saeghvung 2618 X6687A8-8 Ag B 812 Wi
References and Contributors
- Citation Missing - Stellar Reaches No. 3 - UWP Only
- Citation Missing - Stellar Reaches No. 5 - UWP Only
- Citation Missing - Stellar Reaches No. 17 - UWP Only
- Citation Missing - Stellar Reaches No. 9
- Citation Missing - Stellar Reaches No. 19 - UWP Only
- World page generated by AB-101
- Data compiled by ’’MIMIC’’ - Minor Imp of the Ministry of Information and Communication