Sacnoth class Battle Rider
|Sacnoth class Battle Rider|
Symbol of the Sword Worlds
|Type: BRL Battle Rider|
|Also see||Battle Rider|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Origin||Sword Worlds Confederation|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Sacnoth class Battle Rider is a heavy warship.
It is a vessel with 3-G and J-0 performance with a streamlined wedge hull. Designed to work in concert with fleet support elements, it is ill-suited to independent operations isolated from its' Sword of Vengeance class Battle Tender.
- It carries heavy armament and a military defensive suite. A heavy battle rider optimized to carry the best meson spinal mounted weapon available at TL–11. All other considerations were of secondary importance. This involves several trade-offs to fit a weapon system of that size in a hull this small.
- It ordinarily carries no subcraft, no ship's vehicles, nor drones when needed.
- It has a 226 sophont crew which includes 40 marines. The crew includes 11 command, 40 engineers, 95 gunners, 40 service. They share the equivalent of double occupancy in 115.5 staterooms, crew bays and common bunk rooms not withstanding.
- A fictional chit in the style of Fifth Frontier War representing a squadron of Sacnoth class Battle Riders. The color of the counter indicates its allegiance to the Sword Worlds Confederation.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||20,000 tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/5 fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||None|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||800.0 tons of fuel.|
|10.||Cost|| MCr30,142.886 |
MCr. 24,114.309 in quantity
|11.||Construction Time||174 weeks to build, 139 weeks in quantity.|
Once the decision to refit these hulls with the largest meson spinal weapon in place of a more compact and efficient particle accelerator, many things in the design were forced to adapt. Essentially a new ship from the first prototypes accepted for fleet trials, the hull armor was shed, and all minor secondary point defense batteries were lost in place of a total offensive package. They lost the back up model 5 fib computer. There are no subcraft left to service the marine platoon. The aggressive, some would say crazed marines, have been known to jump from airlock doors, hanging in low orbit without standard re-entry capsules, trusting grav chutes and disposable ablative re-entry heat shields. The survival rate for these maneuvers are less than optimal. More commonly fleet support vessels ferry the marines to and from surface operations or boarding actions. A pure predator, ambush kills are preferred. The fuel refinery was added so that they could scoop and refine fuel for their tender.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type BRL class Light Battle Rider
- Ardi class Battle Rider
- Aulinu class Battle Rider
- Cleon class Battle Rider
- Dungfumbler class Heavy Battle Rider
- Houdini class Battle Rider
- Iingar class Light Battle Rider
- Joao class Battle Rider
- Joneslow class Battle Rider
- Lithos Mailed class Heavy Battle Rider
- Narsil class Battle Rider
- Nolikian class Battle Rider
- Nosea class Battle Rider
- Omega Supreme class Battle Rider
- Parasite class Battle Rider
- Perseus class Battle Rider
- Quiquilat class Battle Rider
- Reverent Prayer class Battle Rider
- Sacnoth class Battle Rider
- Trindel class Battle Rider
- Valhalla class Battle Rider
- Zero Karma class Heavy Battle Rider
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science