Rimward Opportunities was a large but nebulous organisation that sought to develop the worlds and systems under its jurisdiction. It claimed altruistic intentions – the dissipation of humanity over a broad area to lessen the danger of disaster – but its bottom line was always commerce and profit. It was divided into five separate semi-autonomous Directorates, each controlled by a Director. These included the Pel Avena Directorate, based in the Pel Avena Cluster, and Far Rim Mining, which operated along the edge of the Great Void.
- Rimward Opportunities 4933AD–5183AD
- "Hollow Opportunities" 5184AD–ca 5350AD
- Head Office, located on Dal Hallen, within the Pel Avena Cluster.
- Office of the Treasury
- Office of Planning
- Far Rim Mining Regional Head Office, located on Sal Marda.
- Directorate of Internal Affairs
- Office of Colonial Affairs
- Office of Sophont Affairs
- Office of Trade
- Department of Defense
Rimward Opportunities was active within the following Subsectors:
- Paradise Subsector: Subsector L of Halcyon Sector.
- Irikusk Subsector: Subsector I of Far Home Sector.
- Demon's Eye Subsector: Subsector J of Far Home Sector (core area of operations).
- Orret Subsector: Subsector K of Far Home Sector.
- Annistu Subsector: Subsector M of Far Home Sector.
- Foralin Subsector: Subsector N of Far Home Sector (Far Rim Mining).
- Liradi Subsector: Subsector A of Far Home Sector.
History & Background (Dossier)
Rimward Opportunities was a corporate venture begun by a group of disgruntled executives displaced by a power struggle within Tal Varisan Development. It sought to improve the systems along the rimward edge of the Distant Fringe, an area that had previously been neglected and was little more than wilderness. It increasingly found itself in competition with New Frontiers to trailing. Its core systems became the Rimward Federation.
Major Historical Events Timeline
- 4933AD: Formation of Rimward Opportunities Development Organization.
- 5183AD: The Rimward Federation is founded from the core regions of Rimward Opportunities.
- 5184AD: "Hollow Opportunities".
- 5350AD: Rimward Opportunities ceases to exist as an entity.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science