Rimward Federation 2T Air Raft
Rimward Federation 2T Air Raft (TL 10)
The vehicle has a crew of four (driver, loader, gunner and commander) It can carry three passengers. It carries a 4mm VRF Gauss gun in a fully stabilized front chassis mount.
- Height: 2 m; Width: 3.5 m; Length: 4 m.
- Total usable volume: 28 m³
- Total mass loaded: 46.0345457 metric tons
- Armor: Chassis all faces, 20.
- Target Size DMs: +2 low, no high hits
- Production Cost: Cr1,899,992.5
Onboard gravitic generators produce 3.9 Gs thrust.
- Maximum: 2,785 kph/2,320 cm; Cruise: 2,088 kph/1,740 cm; NOE: 140 kph/117 cm.
- Movement effect on fire: None
The vehicle is equipped with a full avionics TL A suite.
Power / Equipment:
- Power: 18 megawatt fusion power plant
- consumes 27 liters of fuel/ hour; fuel capacity 510.65 liters, enough for 18.9 hours.
- Sealed environment with life support for seven;
- Power 30 target acquisition RADAR;
- Thermal imaging for night operations;
- 5,000 km range radio;
- Map box.
Full weapons stabilization.
Front Chassis Mount
The front chassis mounts a VRF Gauss Gun.
|Effective Range||Long Range||Extreme Range|
|1500 m (21)+8||3000 m (19)+6||4500 m (17)+3|
The main VRF Gauss Gun has storage for 30,000 rounds, enough to allow 23 fire phases of sustained fire. It can engage 16 targets in 15 seconds.
The Air Raft has a tactical missile tube launcher mounted in the chassis.
The 30kg missiles are armed with a HEAP (High Explosive Armor Piercing) warhead capable of penetration 47 for AT or High Explosive 25/4/4 on hard steel armor for AA.
|Teleguided||14km or 4km +10 speed DM||Cr1,742 or Cr1,736|
|Radio Command Link||24km or 14km with +10 speed DM (+3 DM)||Cr242 or Cr236|
The tube launch system has a storage capacity of 20x missiles.
References & Contributors / Sources
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS