|Reemen/Wolf (Zarushagar 2129)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
Reemen (World) Synopsis
Reemen is a nonindustrial water world, which has 90% or more of its surface covered in an ocean of water (H2O).
- It requires extensive imports of outside technology to maintain a modern, star-faring society.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Wolf Subsector of Zarushagar Sector in the Domain of Ilelish.
- This world contains a Scout Base associated with it.
- System Name Reemen
- System Location Zarushagar Sector / Subsector K
- Travel Zone Green (No Special Restrictions)
- Stellar Type F2 V
- Gas Giants 3
- Asteroid Belts 0
- Allegiance Imperial (Im)
- Bases Imperial Scout Base
Main World Data
- Attribute UPP Description GURPS
- Starport B Good Facilities. Spacecraft Shipyards. Refined Fuel. Class IV
- Diameter 7 Medium (11,200km)
- Atmosphere 7 Standard (Tainted)
- Hydrographics A Water World (100%)
- Population 4 70,000
- Government 0 No Governmental Structure.
- Law Level 5 Moderate law (personal concealed weapons prohibited) GCR 3
- Tech Level A Early Stellar (Jump, Circa 2100) GTL 9
- Core Type Molten
- Density 0.97 Earths
- Mass 0.85 Earths
- Gravity 0.92 G
- Rotation Period 14 hours
- Orbital Period 175 days
- Axial Tilt 21 degrees
- Orbital Eccentricity 0.007
- Satellites 2
- Surface Pressure 1.348 atm
- Trade Information
System Classifications :
- World Trade Number (WTN) : 3
- Per Capita Income (WPCI) : $ 2,928
Non Canon Description
The nature of planetary conditions never lent itself to fixed colonial holdings. The orbital starport and yards service traffic passing through. Megacorporations bid on annual contracts for sending harvesters into the depths to collect natural resources. These are administered at the subsector governmental level. Permanent residents dwell and crew large vessel/habitats. They work in the service industries to cater to the interstellar traffic and scout requirements. Each independent vessel is a government unto themselves. Most of the resource collection operations are submersible to avoid local weather and avoid the atmospheric taint. Life support machinery is an import often in demand. Certain codes and policies are agreed to by captains wishing to operate here. These terms and conditions constitute the local law level. The scouts and marine security details act as enforcement and collect those malcontents who are kicked off their ride. Most operators are company men in one way or another. They tend to their own business and stay out of each others way. You can sail for a long time on a planet this size and not meet anyone. The sparse population means that entertainment media also has a ready market here.
This is a young system and the planet is geologically active. Volcanic materials contribute to the tainted atmosphere. In addition the oxygen levels are low because life here has not evolved very far yet. Some of the native microbes produce hazardous metabolic waste products, other organisms are small enough to float airborne and if inhaled pose a health risk. Thick masses of colonial single celled organisms are as far as it goes. Organics can be harvested, they provide the types of biological raw materials that the Vilani prefer. Raw materials and minerals are exploitable. Most deposits are too small to justify the cost of large scale industrial investment. Imported technology allows some measure of comfort but living space is always at a premium on the traveling machines, irony on a world which such a low population density. The hand full of "permanent" installations are large rig structures that serve as submerged anchor points for service and maintenance of the big machines. Crews tend to rotate off planet when they get the chance. The local economy is limited to some trade and barter of parts and materials as necessary between the smaller operators and crews. Large corporate vessels have their own off world support and logistics shipments, they tend to ignore the little guys.
History & Background (Dossier)
The only terrestrial planet of the five in the system to be in the habitable zone AND have water. The scout service selected it as a base for service and refueling.